Communications Specialist // leAD Sports Accelerator
leAD – “legacy of Adi Dassler” – is a Berlin based Sports entrepreneurship platform focused on funding and nurturing innovative early-stage sports startups. It currently consists of the following elements:
The leAD Sports Accelerator targets seed stage companies with innovative products, services and business models in or applicable to the realm of sports. This next-generation accelerator model with tightly aligned support for entrepreneurs and a linked fund that will capture value from the accelerator’s leading companies creates an unprecedented ecosystem for sports technology value-creation.
The ADvantage fund intends to invest in early stage (Series A) technology companies aimed at reshaping how we play and experience sports. Backed by leAD Sports and OurCrowd, the leading global equity crowdfunding platform, ADvantage will leverage a strong global network to source leading opportunities in the spaces of fan engagement & experience, connected athletes & communities, and derivative sports.
leAD SportsTechX is the consulting and digital product arm of leAD. With a data driven and knowledge based approach leAD SportsTechX helps athletes, sports organisations & corporates to grasp startup driven opportunities in sports. Additionally leAD SportsTechX promotes and connects startups and the international SportsTech scene.
For our founders Klaus, Horst and Stefan Bente, Adi Dassler was not only their grandfather but also a vital role model: his sense of family, his visionary, inventive and entrepreneurial genius as well as his business standards and commitment to excellence shaped them to this date. He inspired them to gather a group of key players in sports and found leAD. Their credo: Bring together not only some of the most sought after experts from the sports industry, but also follow an interdisciplinary approach to make our founders better founders, leaders and team players.
Your role will be to support the Head of Marketing & Communications for leAD Sports, to execute the communications strategy to establish leAD as a brand for sports innovation in the global start-up community and sports business.
- run & optimise all digital advertising campaigns for the different business entities
- manage the Social Channels across the business entities
- manage the different business websites for leAD Sports
- come up with new digital content formats that help increase reach & relevance for the brand
- work with the various agencies & freelancers to produce content – text, image and video
- research and keep the team updated on the best comms practices from the industry
- more than a basic understanding of Google & social media advertising
- some experience in managing Social Media channels & other digital PR tools
- a basic understanding of content production especially static – fluency in design softwares a bonus!
- an eye for detail as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- a great attitude that is keen on learning on the job and getting your hands dirty!
- excited about new business ideas and startups
- passionate about all kinds of sports!
- an insight into the global accelerator space and startup ecosystem
- an awesome team to work with
- flexible working hours
- fair remuneration
- Start: Immediate
- Contract type: Freelancer with the option to become permanent in 6 months
- Location: Berlin
Excited? Apply below!
Not exactly you? Job descriptions rarely ever describe people (that’s why they’re called job descriptions). If you’re seriously excited about the job but lacking 2-3 things, get in touch anyways and we’ll see whether / how we can make it work.