Community Manager // Fatmap
Build the leading outdoor adventure community
FATMAP is an Outdoor Adventure Platform that brings together consumers with businesses, destinations and brands. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor community and curated adventure guidebook is used by top professionals and outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy better, safer adventure.
As the Community Manager at FATMAP your job will be to help build the FATMAP adventure community. You will have a broad responsibility touching many areas across the company and you will be in a unique position to drive the product forward. You will work closely with our Product, Growth and Marketing teams to craft and execute a community and social media strategy to bring together and inspire FATMAP users around the world.
For this role you’ll be based mostly in Berlin, but you will travel occasionally to mountain locations such as Chamonix Mont Blanc to field-test the products and engage with the outdoor community.
If you’re a skier, boarder, runner or biker, and you want to work on the largest outdoor adventure platform, then you’ll be perfect for FATMAP.
Check out our product at fatmap.com, or download the app from the App Store.
- Manage, moderate and build the FATMAP user community:
- Find, nurture and reward the best adventure content contributors
- Work with our product and growth team to build incentive and reward systems to encourage more and better quality content contributions
- Find and activate our most passionate advocates within the community
- Moderate adventure content submissions for the FATMAP guidebook
- Manage our social media channels:
- Be the voice of FATMAP on all our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Set the tone and style for our brand on social
- Develop and execute the content calendar
- Prepare high-quality and engaging posts and respond to feedback
- Lead our Customer satisfaction function (aka ‘Support’):
- Respond to customer queries and issues and turn problems into success stories
- Develop engaging tutorial and FAQ content to help people get the most from FATMAP
- Manage our blog, the FATMAP Journal:
- Develop and execute the blog content calendar
- Work with partners, athletes, brand ambassadors and community members to produce engaging and on-brand articles for the blog
- Write some blog articles yourself
- Manage athlete and brand ambassador partnerships:
- Communicate with our athletes and brand ambassadors and give them the tools and knowledge to tell the FATMAP story to their audiences
- Help identify and acquire new ambassadors
- You live and breathe outdoor adventure. You participate actively/frequently in some outdoor sports (climbing, skiing, boarding, biking, etc) and the outdoors is a big part of your life.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic about your work and about the outdoors. You are proactive and take initiative. You don’t wait to be asked; you make things happen.
- You have excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable writing articles or social media posts. You don’t need to be Dickens – but you should be comfortable producing great content about outdoor adventure for our online channels.
- You are comfortable producing great quality media content and have a good understanding of asset production in Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or similar tools.
- You’re a native English speaker – or you’re at least as good as one with the written word.
What we offer:
- A great office environment in Berlin, Kreuzberg.
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations.
- The technical tools (laptop, screens etc) of your choice.
- Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure).
- The opportunity to grow with a growing company in an exciting space.
How to apply
If the above sounds like you, and you have an adventurous spirit (both in the technological and outdoors sense), you’ll fit right in. Please send a brief cover letter describing why you are a great fit for FATMAP and resume to email@example.com.
The first step will be a Skype call for us to get to know each other, and for you to hear more about the opportunity at FATMAP. The next step will be for you to meet some of the team face-to-face in our office.