Content Lead (Brand Engagement) // KAYAK
We’re looking for a 1-year maternity cover to start in July or early August 2018.
The Content Lead (Brand Engagement) is a team lead role within KAYAK’s 20-strong Content, Social Media and Digital Activations team. The successful candidate will be based in our Berlin office, and will work across the KAYAK brands, including KAYAK, momondo and our portfolio brands: Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and mundi.
The person in this role will lead a team of content editors, coordinators and visual producers in the coordination, planning, production and promotion of all engagement-led content (both on-site editorial and off-site social media content) as well as our community management strategy across more than a dozen core European markets. You will be responsible for having a holistic view and understanding of these areas of content and social media marketing and how activities in these areas are contributing to wider business objectives and targets. You’ll be responsible for growing our engagement metrics across all brands and ensuring ongoing alignment and optimum performance against wider marketing targets.
You will work closely with the other team leads, the wider Content, Social Media and Digital Activations team as well as key stakeholders to make sure quality standards and brand guidelines are met, and that all brand engagement-driven content activities feed into a seamless full-funnel approach featuring joined up brand narratives.
As this position involves managing a team as well as a high-visibility area of content, this person will need to have strong leadership, organizational, decision-making and critical thinking skills as well as a passion for driving brand engagement success. He/She should also be a consummate team player with the ability to drive both efficiency and excellence while effectively prioritizing activities within his/her team.
- Manage all relevant coordination and editorial oversight of engagement-led content
- Lead on the development and integration of processes intended to generate both efficiency and excellence across engagement content planning and production processes and workflows
- Lead team to meet and exceed brand engagement content marketing targets; regularly report on outcomes against targets/KPIs
- Ensure all engagement content (on- and off-site) is on brand and meeting journalistic standards
- Lead on the development and implementation of a full cross-brand community management strategy
- Partner with other team leads to influence and oversee all content calendars and plans
- Ensure brand engagement content requirements are fed into master plans and there is appropriate alignment and visibility on content marketing activities across stakeholders
- Work with the wider content team to develop and push forward impactful, creative, on-brand digital campaign ideas and to support offline campaigns with highly engaging digital content plans that all drive the KAYAK portfolio of brands to stand out against competitors
- Communicate daily with leads of relevant teams (Brand Marketing, Campaigns, Paid Social, etc.), as well as fellow content leads to ensure tight alignment on all content marketing activities related to these areas
- Act as a key stakeholder in Brand Marketing and Campaign projects, steering the brand narratives while supporting wider brand targets/KPIs
- Line manage Content Editor, Engagement; Coordinator, Community Management; and Content Producers, Visual Engagement
Required skills and experience
- Extensive experience managing planning, production and optimization of content intended to drive growth in brand engagement (particularly on social media)
- Extensive experience managing a social media community management program that had a significant positive impact on brand perception
- Strong understanding of what types of content drive high levels of engagement particularly on social media as well as what types of content cause brands to truly stand out in the crowded content landscape
- Extensive understanding of functionality and trends across a wide range of social media channels
- Proven social media marketing skills and previous experience working directly with or as part of a social media team (especially on paid activities)
- Understanding of content marketing analytics, specifically brand engagement-related metrics, and how to measure content performance against established targets/KPIs
- Strong communication, leadership, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Previous experience managing a team a plus (either full-time employees and/or a network of freelance contributors)
- Familiarity with and interest in the travel and/or tech industries a plus
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours