Content Marketing Manager / Editor in Chief – Music Tech Kreuzberg // iMusician
Who are we?
iMusician is a digital music distributor from Switzerland with offices in Zürich and Berlin. We offer musicians worldwide everything they need to sell, manage and monetise their music online. Within days of uploading their music, they can be selling their music in hundreds of platforms like iTunes, Spotify or Beatport and monetising their music on YouTube. Run by a small, passionate and international team, we do the hard work so musicians can concentrate on what they do best: make music!
Why work with us?
Because you are eager to develop your potential in a fast growing company and to help musicians to share their music with the world. Because you could see yourself working from the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg with a small team of music lovers.
iMusician currently has just over 20 employees but is on the edge of explosive growth. With breakeven behind it and 100%+ YoY revenue growth, it is hiring, and hiring fast! Join us as we start this exciting chapter. It is your chance to really make a difference!
As with all other iMusician employees, we are looking for people who cherish a healthy work-life balance and can take advantage of our flexi 80% – 100% policy. That means you will be free to work 80% when the job allows, but expected to go all-in when the job demands.
We are looking for an Editor in Chief / Content Marketing Manager (80 – 100%, Monday – Friday) with 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the music industry.
Answering to our Online Marketing Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Create a content strategy based on excellent knowledge of our audience’s needs and marketing funnel (attract, convert and retain customers in a B2C environment);
- Define and manage our content creation and editorial direction with a solid red line in order to provide top quality content for different audiences across several marketing channels (blog, social media, Spotify, etc.);
- Work closely with our Online Marketing Manager and our marketing team to develop and execute strategies;
- Understand SEO best practices and tools to produce, compile and optimise content for our website in 5 different languages (+5 new languages to be added in 2019);
- Create structured reports with data driven analysis to prioritise and influence our strategic decisions;
- Understand and be up-to-date with the music industry market and latest trends (from the perspective of artists and music industry players).
- 5+ years of experience as Editor in Chief or Content Marketing Manager within the music industry (digital music magazine, major label, music tech company);
- A successful track record of managing and creating content to attract, convert and retain customers in a B2C environment;
- Strong analytical skills with very good understanding of business and editorial KPIs;
- Experience with tracking tools (Google Analytics);
- At ease with WordPress and content management systems;
- Have a clear understanding of the marketing funnel, CRO, user experience, efficiency (A/B testing, conversion rates);
- Good Photoshop and Illustrator skills;
- HTML / CSS is a plus.
- Fluent in English;
- Any additional language is a plus;
- Excellent written and copywriting skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Always learning and hungry for new skills;
- Attention to details;
- Data driven;
- Striving for optimization;
- Very organised;
- Easy going and team-player.
If you are passionate about music and see yourself in this description, we would like to meet you!
Send your application in English to jobs@iMusician.pro with the subject “Editor in Chief / Content Marketing Manager – Berlin Office” and include your earliest starting date and your expected salary range.