Copy Lead (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
The accountability for English copywriting is currently spread across multiple roles in our Brand Marketing and CRM teams. As we grow, we are looking for someone to oversee copy across the board. This is where you come in. As our Copy Lead, you will streamline our brand communications in order to ensure that there’s a consistent voice and tone across all touchpoints, from product to social media. In addition, you will contribute to shaping and fine-tuning the Blinkist voice and tone in the future.
What you will do:
- Act as copywriting lead for the company as a whole – from marketing to CRM to product – to ensure that there is a consistent voice and tone across all of our communications
- Work with marketing channel managers and product channel managers to ideate, create, test, and iterate in order to find the best-performing copy
- Be sparring partner for other copywriters across the different teams
- Perform copy audits on a regular basis to ensure all copy is up-to-date, high-performing, and on-brand
- Communicate across teams regarding copy to ensure that what we learn is continually being shared with all stakeholders
To do this, we believe you should:
- Be able to write, read and speak English at a fluent level
- Have 3 + years of experience in creative copywriting spanning from marketing to product
- Be comfortable with taking a data-driven approach to copywriting
- Possess a great understanding of branding, hands-on experience with brand storytelling and crafting channel-specific copy for brand user personas
- Be a great communicator as you will work across several teams throughout the company
- Be a stickler for details and have the ability to keep a bird’s-eye view of lots of different projects
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Copy Lead, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!