Country Manager/Head of DACH Region // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for a Country Manager / Head of DACH Region to join our Berlin office and help us to grow our Central European Markets, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Define the growth strategy and associated marketing plan for Babbel’s Central European Markets (Germany, Austria, Switzerland / DACH)
- Provide local consumer insights to inform marketing plan & investment decisions
- Lead the DACH geo team made up of 10+ channel managers
- Manage the P&L of the region, including steering the development of revenue, subscription base, brand awareness and all localization efforts in order to maximize advertising efficiency
- Distribute & approve the marketing budget per channel to optimize user acquisition and retention
- Lead or sponsor DACH-specific multi-channel communication campaigns
- Coach channel managers on the execution of all marketing plans locally
- Coordinate and share knowledge with fellow Country Managers
- Support channel leads on hiring decisions for the DACH geo area
- Reporting directly to the CMO
- 5+ years of experience in (online) marketing, user acquisition, consulting and/or business development with strong international exposure
- Full fluency in all aspects of spoken and written English as a minimum, and spoken and written German.
- Resided in the DACH region for some time, with a strong understanding of the local culture, language and business norms.
- Superior quantitative skills combined with strong financial & marketing planning capabilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends & technologies in online marketing is a plus
- Team player with an entrepreneurial start-up attitude, hands-on mentality, high motivation and willingness to learn
- Previous experience with an online and/or subscription business model is a plus
- Previous leadership experience is a plus
- Have a highly visible role in growing one of our core markets, DACH.
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
- Participate in hackdays and growthdays from day one.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin.
Join one of the fastest growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience!