Country Performance Manager: LATAM/SEU // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Country Performance Manager (Latin America/Southern Europe) and help us change the way the language learning is done!
Your mission as a Country Performance Manager for Latin America and Southern Europe regions will be to work with Country Managers to report on and analyze marketing performance, drive marketing plans and budgeting, and translate analyses and reports into key business insights and actions.
- Provide local consumer insights to inform marketing plan & investment decisions
- Working with the 2 Country Managers, deliver key analyses to support creation of regional strategy and overall commercial strategy:
- Prepare analyses and presentations on performance to date across key marketing KPIs, highlighting areas of success and underperformance, and identify key drivers of both
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Generate ideas for potential new growth initiatives, and prepare business cases (expected impact) to help prioritize
- Draw implications / recommend next steps for the business based on data
- Collaborate with the Country Managers to define monthly marketing plans and annual budgets, and work with channel managers to optimize overall efficiency and execute on plans over the course of the year:
- Develop the performance marketing channels, channel mix and channel innovation to maximize advertising efficiency
- Distribute the marketing budget per channel to optimize user acquisition and retention
- Work with relevant channel managers to translate overall marketing plan into plan per channel
- Conduct “sense-check” analyses on drivers of investment decisions, implications of plan for key performance metrics, and recommend actions for channel managers accordingly
- Collaborate effectively across all teams at Babbel
- Drive innovation within existing performance marketing channels and explore new opportunities
- Partner with, coach and challenge channel managers and cross-functional partners to get to more ambitious plans and/or re-think strategic approach
- 2+ years of experience in online marketing, user acquisition or performance marketing with strong international exposure
- Strong quantitative skills
- Demonstrated experience in driving marketing planning processes
- Ideally resided in at least one of the relevant regions for 1+ years
- Previous experience working with an online and/or subscription business models is a plus
- A comprehensive understanding of the current trends & technologies in online marketing
- Team player with an entrepreneurial start-up attitude, hands-on mentality, high motivation and willingness to learn
- Fluent or advanced level (C1+) in at least one of the local languages for the region (preferably Spanish)
- Have a highly visible role in growing two of our core markets, Latin America & Southern Europe.
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
- Participate in hackdays and growth days.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin.
Join one of the fastest growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience!