Developer Advocate // Crate.IO
Crate.io is on a mission to reinvent the SQL database for the internet of things (IoT) era. CrateDB makes it vastly easier for people to build new smart systems and devices that put machine-generated data to work.
Founded in Europe in 2013, winner of TechCrunch Disrupt, Crate.io has a rapidly growing customer base and we are now looking for an experienced developer relations manager to help lead the next phase of growth.
Crate.io has offices in New York City, Berlin, San Francisco and Austria.
- Connect with CrateDB community members to encourage activity – project contributions, user stories, support questions & answers, meetups, etc.
- Create blog posts, app samples and other content to help inspire, educate, and grow the CrateDB community
- Speak to developers all around the world (in person or virtual) who are interested in using CrateDB.
- Recognize trends in feedback from the community and relay that information back to engineering.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify and create events that are relevant for database and open source software communities.
- Put together technical presentations that keep attendees engaged and interested.
- Respected by developers. You need to be a credible partner in a technical conversation.
- 3+ years experience as a developer advocate/evangelist, developer (mobile/web/other), product manager with a developer background or sales engineer.
- A great presence on Github, personal page, Twitter, SlideShare/Speaker Deck etc.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- You are outgoing, but are also a really good listener.
- Technical proficiency in:
- Data Science savvy (able to talk about machine data processing in SQL and integration
- Database management systems, SQL, NoSQL
- Distributed systems
- Cloud platforms
- A clear desire to learn.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market-based compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Young and dynamic Team
- Flat organizational structure
- Perks (commute and fitness contributions, professional and personal development, free lunches)
We’re very much looking forward to receive your application!