Developer Content Marketing Leader // Contentful
Contentful powers digital experiences for major brands around the globe. Its content infrastructure provides developers a powerful set of APIs to manage, integrate, and deliver content to any device or service — be it mobile apps, IoT devices in the home, SaaS products, Super Bowl campaigns, smart car dashboards, digital signage, VR and AR experiences, or the next big platform yet to come. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Petsmart, Specialized, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for this next generation of tools is in the numbers: the company continues to double revenue year over year, and has raised close to $20M from VC firms including Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, and Point Nine.
We’re a fun team of over 130 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Developer Content Marketing Leader for our Marketing Editorial Team. In your role you will report to our CMO, so committing to goals, verbalizing your resource and team needs, and reporting on progress are tasks you are very comfortable with. And most importantly, you’re passionate about the idea of building the destination site for the intersection of agile content management and web/mobile development.
- You build, lead and manage our team of technical copywriters
- You create an editorial pipeline for compelling content to be served to our developers through our blog, in-app feed, newsletters, and new worthy channels
- You’ll assign stories, provide mentorship, edit copy, advise on headlines, narratives, and CTAs, and manage the editorial calendar
- You are well versed in every aspect of orchestrating the content creation for our professional developer audience
- As an excellent writer yourself, you enjoy writing as well as helping others in the craft
- With your technical background, you understand and empathize with the language of the developer community, and you can help others master it
- You foster collaboration and idea sourcing with our product, engineering, ecosystem, solution architect, and developer relations teams
- You’ll safeguard that other teams content is consistent with our style guide and messaging goals
- Excellent writing, editorial, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical topics clearly and accurately
- At least 4 years of journalism experience as a reporter and/or editor
- A proven track record in delivering high-quality technical publications
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and to apply them accurately in an evolving dynamic environment
- The ability to write clean copy and edit to our style guide
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with cloud computing, Web Services, IaaS, PaaS, or related areas
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!