Dutch Content Editor // GetYourGuide
With 400+ employees from 45+ nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences by helping Customers discover and book the best things to do in a destination. From its founding in 2009, GetYourGuide has grown to be the world’s largest online platform for booking travel tours, attractions, and activities.
As a Dutch Content Editor, your main responsibility is to ensure that the Dutch content on our website is accurately translated and easily understandable to customers, enabling them to make well-informed choices. You’ll also work closely with other language specialists and content editors in order to collect and act upon various data, helping to fine-tune processes within the Content team. Think you’re up to the job? Great! Join us to help give GetYourGuide a strong voice for the Dutch market.
What will you be doing?
- Translate and proofread our website and product pages (English to Dutch)
- Keep the Dutch website up-to-date by modifying translations of product pages
- Be responsible for the quality of the Dutch copy
- Manage a small pool of freelance translators
We are looking for you if you:
- Are a Dutch native speaker with an excellent command of English
- Have experience, on a professional level, translating and editing copy from English to Dutch
- Have at least 1 year’s experience in a similar position
- Make data-driven decisions and are process-oriented
- Can create and proofread copy for different audiences and departments
- Are a multitasking wizard with a keen eye for detail
- Are eager to learn and motivated to succeed
The ideal candidate would also:
- Hold a university degree in translation or another language-related subject
- Bring translation experience from the travel industry
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, prioritizing tasks according to company needs
- Be passionate about localization and globalization
- Learn and grow while working alongside an international team with more than 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide Vouchers… to experience our products for yourself
- Personal improvement opportunities as German classes & Yoga and Meditation Classes
- Free breakfast and drinks everyday, German lessons and fun Fridays with Pizza and Beer
- GetYourGuide events as Summer Summits, regular Team events, Christmas & Summer Party
Sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Please include the following items in your application:
- Your resume in English
- A brief cover letter in English
Check out our “Meet The Team – Content” blog post at inside.getyourguide.com to find out more about their daily work! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com!
Please note that this position is inhouse (40 hours/weekly).