Email Marketing Lead // The Impossible Project
Email Marketing Lead
Impossible is hiring our first email marketing specialist. We’re looking for an accomplished and resourceful team member with at least 3 years’ experience in ecommerce, preferably having worked with lifestyle products and/or consumer electronics.
The role is a unique opportunity to build something from the ground up, directly impact our daily operations, and help take Impossible to the next level. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, consumer-focused email marketing strategy in support of significant brand growth. The ideal candidate will be a confident, bright, and energetic self-starter. Very strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
The position is based in our Berlin headquarters, and you will report directly to our Head of Ecommerce.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a targeted email strategy and roadmap that inspires engagement and optimizes for conversion, retention, reactivation, acquisition, and ultimately the LTV of our email database.
- Drive the day-to-day scheduling, planning and execution of our email communications, including customer lifecycle and drip campaigns, win-back emails, promotions, and wholesale newsletters.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to achieve company performance goals. Work with design and editorial to produce compelling newsletters with a cohesive brand narrative, build a successful onboarding program for new user acquisition, identify personalization and segmentation opportunities to best serve specialized demographics, work with social/community manager to develop cross-channel campaigns, and more!
- Help define and monitor KPIs, establishing operational processes and a reporting framework through which we can continuously leverage learnings, iterate and problem solve effectively, and generally optimize performance as needed.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of industry trends and best practices. Identify and integrate creative new methods of providing a compelling email marketing program.
- Ensure that Impossible emails meet territorial legal requirements for customer communications.
- 3+ years’ experience in ecommerce email marketing, consumer goods strongly preferred. Proven track record of successfully leveraging email communications to increase customer retention and engagement.
- Extensive knowledge of ESP platforms (Mailchimp a plus), online analytics, and all aspects of email marketing including campaign building, audience segmentation, A/B testing, and deployment. Understanding of coding, design, and email deliverability.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills. Comfortable in measuring, manipulating, and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and solve problems autonomously.
- Strong written English (native preferred), with excellent proofreading and QA skills.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies. Understanding of potential territorial nuances in marketing trends, particularly in speaking to a US-based audience.
- Flexible and agile. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and easily adapts to change as needed.
- Ability to see and contribute to big picture brand strategy, inclusive of how both online and offline sales and marketing play into one holistic plan.
- A passion for instant photography and experience using our products a huge plus.
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline 14th July 2017.