Field Operations Manager // Nextdoor.com
Location: Brazil, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden
Nextdoor is the private social network for your neighbourhood. Founded in San Francisco in 2011, Nextdoor is used by millions of members in over 120,000 neighbourhoods in the US. Nextdoor has raised $ 200 million in funding from some of Silicon Valley’s most renowned VCs and investors. In 2016, we successfully launched Nextdoor in the UK and in the Netherlands. In 2017, we plan to expand our service and platform into further international markets.
Our product is a free and private social network that allows neighbours to connect and empowers them to build vibrant and safe real-world communities, to share information and recommendations. Our platform also allows government agencies and emergency services to communicate directly with residents when important issues arise in their neighbourhoods.
As Head of Field Operations in your country you are responsible for building and leading a team of City Launchers in cities across the country who in turn are responsible for starting Nextdoor neighbourhoods in their city or area and growing the member base at a grass-roots level on the ground. Qualified candidates are independent self-starters who will thrive on the challenge of building a team and growing a social network from the ground up.
- Be part of the start-up team that establishes Nextdoor in your country and drive neighbourhood and member growth
- Build and manage a team responsible for awareness and growth throughout the country
- Help develop, execute and measure the effectiveness of our local, grassroots marketing effort
- Develop and constantly improve efficient processes and programs that work toward our goals
- Analyze metrics to identify strengths and weaknesses of programs and staff
- Communicate suggestions, needs and what is working to leadership
- Quite simply, do whatever it takes to introduce local neighborhoods to Nextdoor. Some days, this may mean analysing data, and other days, it may mean hopping on a train to meet with members in a nearby city.
- A passion for starting Nextdoor up in your country
- A knack for grass-roots on-the-ground marketing tactics that convince people to become Nextdoor members
- An appetite for being an evangelist for Nextdoor’s vision to help our members build lively, safe and happy real-world communities and neighbourhoods
- Candidates should be a native or long-time resident of the country in which they are applying and fluent in English
- Must have a strong network across the country
- Knowledge of the issues that residents care about across the country
- Offline organizing and/or community management experience
- 5+ years experience building and managing teams
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to drive strategy
- Scrappy, creative, data-driven and results focused
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal); strong listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, analyze problems and implement creative solutions
- Deep belief in our mission to bring neighbours together to alleviate social isolation, share information and connect them to larger civic goals
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →