Germany Country Lead (Creative Marketing & Brand Communications) // Bumble
*Closing date: 28th October 2018*
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the “female first” social network, is available in over 150 countries around the world. With strong traction in the USA, UK, Canada and Australia, we’re now looking to lead and grow our German team – based in Berlin.
Bumble began as a dating app: empowering women to make the first move. Four years later, the social network now boasts over 40 million users and has also evolved its offering to friendship and business.
Bumble is known for its forward-thinking, personable, innovative and witty brand personality – and we’re looking for someone to grow this in the German market. From arts to music, from fashion to food – we’re looking for a creative and strategic marketeer that can develop partnerships, campaigns, activations and experiences that play into our brand values and connect with our consumer.
Bumble prides itself on being an innovative, creative and inclusive place to work. Known for our fast pace, integrated and outside-the-box marketing and ambitious creative projects, we are looking for a dynamic self-starter to take Germany to the next level.
This individual will have extensive knowledge of Berlin – understanding the emerging trends, brands and individuals to watch. They will also have knowledge and understanding (or access to) of the same in Munich and Frankfurt. Reporting directly to the VP of International Marketing & Communications (who is based in London), this individual will lead a small cross-functional team in Germany and leverage the vast resources of our global network, across varying marketing disciplines – including field marketing, digital marketing and strategic content creation.
Creating and executing on an integrated approach to marketing
- Define and execute strategy to localise, establish and grow the Bumble brand in Germany, with a strong initial focus on Berlin, including content strategy and distribution matrix development, as well as budget allocation and management
- Understand and activate a sophisticated, multi channel, on brand strategy
- Develop / retain relationships with key industry thought leaders, heads of brands, and top tier media
- Plan & execute on events and activations in Berlin and across Germany, supported by vendors and internal team where appropriate
- Strategic leadership to leverage digital / social media platforms effectively (organic, social, digital, paid)
- Maintain strong social media presence on multiple platforms and knowledge of latest social media marketing trends
- Support management of robust team of ambassadors spanning key geographies
- Excellent understanding of our target users
Setting strategic priorities, leveraging data & analytics
- Facilitate community research informing what users love / don’t love
- Monitor core KPIs and work with Austin HQ and International teams to deliver against goal(s)
- Be analytical & data-driven in all decision making
- Develop in-market budget & forecast growth potential; accountable for ensuring spend stays within budget on a month to month basis
- Effectively managing team on the ground
- Lead and inspire a small dynamic team, directly managing an marketing & operations staff in Berlin, as well as supporting the management of a team of ambassadors out in the field
- Set quarterly objectives / goals for local team members and agencies
- Problem solve and strategize with local team members and agencies to deliver against goals/ KPIs
Represent Bumble in-market
- Serve as a spokesperson for the brand in-market, with a deep understanding of cultural trends and expectations
- Maintain strong brand-related social media presence on multiple platforms (leveraging personal channels where appropriate)
- Leverage existing set of connections in Germany, with a strong initial focus on Berlin, to build strong relationships in market on behalf of Bumble & build new relationships with key influencers and partners in market(s)
- Market effectively in English & German
Identify and secure strategic partnerships
- Manage strategy, implementation, and optimisation of strategic partnerships across Germany, with a strong initial focus on Berlin
- Proactively identify & recruit on-brand partners
- Evaluate inbound partnership opportunities
- Maintain strong direct relationships with Bumble’s global key partners (where relevant)
- Work closely with the global Partnership lead (based in US)
- Draft agreements and liaising with international teams to define commercial and contractual information for partnerships & events
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Approximately 7+ years’ experience in relevant fields of work and in working with consumer/lifestyle brands
- Extensive knowledge of Berlin culture; widespread positive networks & relationships with key brands, venues, media, journalists and/or agencies in Berlin and across wider Germany
- Significant track record of running successful marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of integrated communications, not just traditional media
- Exceptional written and spoken German and English
- Passionate about the Bumble brand vision and values
- Strategic, proactive and structured thinker
- Flexible, entrepreneurial, creative, collaborative
- Self starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging Bumble markets
- Creative with concepts and initiatives to achieve the right media output
- Exceptional communication skills; comfortable working across time zones due to line manager being based in London & liaising with teams internationally
*Closing date: 28th October 2018*
Please apply by submitting your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role!