Head of Content and Community UK (m/w/x) // Pepper.com
HotUKDeals is the UK’s biggest deal-sharing community where consumers find, rate and share the best deals from on and off the high street every day to provide inspiration to others on what to buy at the best prices. Members use the temperature gauge to vote on deals so other users know that the hotter the deal, the stronger the offer. HotUKDeals has over 1.6m members and is a founding member of Pepper.com, the world’s largest social commerce group.
As Head of Content and Community UK, you will have the unique opportunity to join an international team and lead our UK editorial team. Your mission is to develop engaging content and ideas to improve our community and identifying tactics that will boost our growth to the next level as well as evaluating and understanding our users’ needs.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Lead our remote editorial team in London and be fully responsible for all the editorial content on HotUKDeals always trying to understand and support our editorial needs
- Improve and develop consistent content initiatives on our community and at the same time improving and fostering our content strategy
- Develop new systems and best practices for content creation and improve our already existing Content-Quality-Standards and Community&Moderation-Quality-Standards
- Work closely with our Marketing team to increase our community growth based on returning visitors
- Be the contact person for our commercial team and enable them to provide high-quality input for editorial needs
- Develop a functional content calendar that ensures a 24/7 set-up plan for our editorial content and our community management
- Fully understand our market-positioning against competitors and make sure we always show the best content on our community and, ideally, position HotUKDeals at the first place
- Support and understand the needs of our community and increase our community engagement and spirit
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You are passionate about deals and you are a deal hunter by heart
- You gained several years of experience in an editorial team and you have at least 3+ years of experience in a leading role
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Good empathically skills with our users and know how to perfectly interact in a manner that reflects HotUKDeals’ values and identity
- Good analytical skills and able to measure metrics of engagement
- Excellent organizational skill and ability to manage a fast-paced workload to build processes to work in an extremely competitive 24/7 environment
- Proven expertise in growing and managing Communities
- Enjoy working in an international and dynamic working environment
- Fluent in English
Some perks of working for HotUKDeals are:
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- One of our core value is to Welcome everyone. Our international team embraces every race or ethnic origin, sex, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity
- Join our office in the heart of vibrant Shoreditch!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including your motivation letter and your CV.