Head of Editorial (m/f) // MONOQI
What you’ll be working on:
- Oversee a bilingual Editorial team, responsible for all product and marketing copy in English and German
- Oversee creative briefing for merchandising and promotional campaigns; participate in campaign planning meetings; coordinate with Head of Graphics to ensure smooth delivery of creative assets on a tight schedule
- Manage communication flow between Editorial team and other departments, including Marketing, Designer Relationship Managers, Buying, Customer Service, and Graphics
- Manage daily workflow across Editorial team; ensure deadlines are met
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy, translate copy from other languages to native language
- Maintain and develop style guide in collaboration with Editors, with special consideration for linguistic and cultural differences across all MONOQI markets
- Coordinate with PR agency on product communication
- Work on conceptual development for the Editorial team and the company
- Oversee HR topics for the Editorial team, including hiring, training, etc.
- Provide regular creative and professional feedback to all members of the Editorial team
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Be a native English or German speaker; knowledge of the other language a plus
- Be a creative thinker with a love of the written word
- Love design and have an interest in working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
- Have a degree in journalism, creative writing or a related field AND at least 2 years of experience in team management, as well as writing and editing editorial or marketing copy. Experience in e-commerce a plus.
- Have experience managing creative projects
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritize under the right deadlines
- Work well in a team environment
- Be able to lead, encourage, and develop a team; take direction, learn new skills, and continually evolve as a writer and manager
- Be able to self-motivate and have the initiative to seek areas of improvement ‘outside the box’
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What do we offer:
- A challenging, motivating position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- A great insight into the Design industry
- A fair compensation along with a special employee discount on all products offered in our online selection
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- Yoga classes
- An open, creative, and design-minded workspace in Berlin-Mitte
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.