Head of Marketing Europe (m/f) // Freshworks
Full Time, Berlin or London
Freshworks is looking for an experienced digital marketing professional. As the Senior Director/VP Marketing Europe (m/f) you will be the driving marketing force in accelerating Freshworks´ revenue growth and increasing brand awareness across the different European markets. In your role you will be responsible for developing and executing our European marketing strategy in close collaboration with Freshworks’ global marketing teams as well as with the Sales teams for the respective regions.
As a well-rounded marketer you are going to determine how to best reach our B2B target customers, mostly mid-sized companies, through a variety of different activities. You set the strategy for reaching the goals, determine the budget allocation and lead the team to be successful and drive results.
You will be primarily in charge for field marketing and public relations in order to raise brand awareness and drive lead generation. This includes but is not limited to tasks such as Website localisation, Events (sponsored, own), PR (Brand, Product, Awards), Influencer Marketing, Content Strategy, Digital Paid, Co-Marketing and Social Media Management. Secondary responsibilities are sales enablement (creation of localized pitch decks) as well as working with the SDRs for outbound campaigns. With your data-driven approach you’ll find out quickly which activities are and are not working and develop strategies based on that.
You will have to be nimble player who can step back and think strategy when needed as well as dive-in into the details to get things done. Ultimately your success will depend on your ability to raise Freshworks’ brand awareness and deliver a constant stream of new incoming high-quality leads for the regional sales team. To accomplish this you will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the globe including the regional sales teams, Freshworks´ global marketing teams and also with a network of different agencies and partners across Europe. This role reports directly to the Managing Director for Europe and matrix into the CMO.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop Freshworks’ regional marketing strategy and manage the execution of various marketing activities
- Manage the Marketing budget for all regions as well as conduct forecasts
- Lead the Marketing team in Berlin as well as being a point of contact for the SDRs as a bridge between Marketing and Sales
- Be the point of contact for all Marketing- and Branding topics between the Berlin office and the headquarter
- Drive Freshworks’ digital marketing positioning (localisation of Website, SEO, SEM, Digital campaigns)
- Increase brand awareness
- Conduct market research for all countries and personas to make better decisions on the respective local strategy
- Execute online- and offline marketing campaigns, mostly highly customised in order to fill and grow the lead pipeline with high-quality leads
- Plan, organise and execute various marketing events such as prospect- and customer events, conferences, exhibitions
- Produce high quality content for our customers such as market surveys, Webinars, Whitepaper, Case Studies, Blog, Videos etc.
- Manage und supervise existing and potential agencies, freelancers and other service providers in different markets across Europe.
- Measure performance of all activities and campaigns, and assess them against goals (ROI and KPIs) and adjust strategy and activities based on that
- Provide ongoing reporting, and develop actionable insights and test and learn approach to new initiatives
Our Perfect Match:
- Master’s / MBA required, ideally 10-20 years of marketing experience, preferably in a B2B setting. SaaS experience is a big plus
- Experienced at a large B2B software firms and familiar with all the best practices
- Entrepreneurial, driven personality who is not only highly analytical and strategic but also creative and hands-on in nature
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced globally-dispersed work environment
- Team player, strong collaborator and internal communicator
- Willing to travel
- Fluent in English; German and/or French proficiency is a big plus
These are some benefits you can expect from us in return:
- Great opportunity to build the European presence of a fast-paced global growth startup
- Flexible career development path within an international environment
- A fun startup work environment in the middle of Berlin
- Work closely with inspiring, supportive and interesting colleagues in an international team within a flat organizational hierarchy
- An experienced executive team of managers and experts
- An excellent compensation package, including bonus and equity
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy fruits, snacks, gourmet coffee, and breakfast options
- Weekly family lunch and quarterly team building events
- Partial financial assistance for German language courses
Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company’s cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 150,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco.