(Junior) Onpage-Tech SEO Specialist // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a (Junior) Onpage-Tech SEO Specialist for our Team in Berlin starting from March 2019.
You will be:
- responsible for the Onpage optimization, monitoring its success and working on ranking analysis;
- working in collaboration with the engineering team;
- optimizing and enhancing indexing and tracking of robots;
- managing Google Search Console properties and other onpage tools (MOZ, Search Metrics) in order to identify and fix issues such as errors, links, site speed through technical SEO;
- operatively supporting the offpage and ASO strategies
- communicative and performance-oriented team player with hands-on mentality;
- creative and curious person who is never satisfied with the status quo;
- structured and organized;
- fluent in English -other languages are a plus.
- 1+ years work or internship experience working with SEO or a technical role within a digital environment;
- understanding of the architecture and infrastructure of large-scale websites (networks, hosting, domains) as well as HTML/CSS;
- good understanding of current SEO influencing factors & techniques (both ON and OFF) and experience with analysis tools like Google Analytics, Search Console, Searchmetrics, Majestic;
- technical affinity and analytical mindset;
- experience with working with CMS and with building/administering content in multiple CMS environments;
- knowledge of CRO and UX principles and methodologies (mobile vs desktop environments).
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!