Localization Manager / Copywriter // Phiture
Phiture is looking for an enthusiastic Localization Manager and Copywriter to join our rapidly-growing App Store Optimization team, based in Berlin.
Would you like to work in a consultancy that helped apps of growing tech giants such as Skyscanner, Deezer, Adobe and Headspace? Phiture is a world-leading Mobile Growth consultancy, headquartered in Berlin, Germany. Our rapidly-growing team of experts loves solving complex growth challenges, delivering expertise that helps our clients’ apps grow.
About the position
We’re looking for a Localization Manager and Copywriter to join our App Store Optimization (ASO) team. You’ll be responsible for optimizing the app store presences of apps with millions of users for improvement and driving results for our clients, working closely with languages ranging from Italian to Filipino. The role involves recruiting, vetting, and coordinating translators, but also inducting them into Phiture’s industry-leading ASO methodology.
The position also includes a copywriting component and we welcome applications from candidates with a strong background in writing. We are on the lookout for creative flair, a sharp turn of phrase, and an all-round native command of English. The ability to analyze and implement app-specific tone of voice is essential in order to align with our clients’ distinct brand identity.
What you’ll do
- Manage a fast-growing team of freelance translators in a variety of languages, with regular check-ins and continued rapport
- Hire & onboard new freelance translators into the team, inducting them into our ASO practice as well as the specific requirements of our individual clients
- Write native English app store copy that serves as a basis for translation
- Develop, define, and articulate voice and tone guidelines
- Optimize and simplify translation workflows with translators
- Identify the various challenges specific to each locale and tackling them from an ASO and linguistic point of view
- Localization quality assurance: when needed, you will monitor and improve the translation work with a third-party Language Service Provider
- Work with our App Store Optimization team in drafting messages for A/B tests, assisting with keyword optimization
- Use your writing skills to optimize our clients’ copy for various formats such as high-converting in-app captions and store descriptions
- Occasionally, edit and proofread blog posts written by leaders in the ASO field
What you’ll need
- A track record of translation and localization; localization management experience
- Several years experience in copywriting, storytelling, or blog-writing
- Ultimate command of the English language. Grammar master
- An interest in languages and the ability to think on your feet
- The organizational skills to manage a medium-sized team
- The initiative to tackle issues on a case-by-case basis
- Excel skills and the ability to adapt and learn new data tools quickly
- Structured, organized and independent working style with great attention to detail
What you’ll get
- Flat hierarchies and excellent development opportunities
- A part in a flexible and fast-growing and successful startup
- A fridge always filled with cold beer
- Responsibility for helping tech-giants in Silicon Valley and around the world
- A part in a fun international team doing cool stuff
- A place in our growing network in the mobile growth industry