Marketing & Operations Volunteer // Share the Meal
Are you ready to get invaluable experience volunteering for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)? ShareTheMeal is an app from WFP’s Innovation Accelerator changing the way we fight hunger.
ShareTheMeal is the award winning app by the World Food Programme (WFP). With just a few taps on their smartphones, users can donate as little as US $0.50 and feed a child for one day. Since our global launch in November 2015, more than 12 million meals have been shared by over 800,000 users worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
- Customer support: Replying to users’ comments and tickets, helping to identify trends, process bugs and refine communications tactics
- Create, monitor and analyze our existing campaigns and A/B test out on channels including Facebook Ads, Google Adwords
- Assist in creating content for our social media channels and blog, handle community management activities for all in-app teams
- Support on ad hoc tasks (research for Business Development, assist the social media Manager etc.)
- A degree. Graduate or student of management, marketing, politics or similar
- Must be able to commit for 3 months in Berlin F/T in our office
- Interest in social impact projects and non-profits
- You take initiative, you see something that needs improvement and you take action
- You are able to prioritize and juggle competing priorities and you thrive in a startup environment
- Native or fluent English (verbal and written) with clear, consistent communication
- German speaking a plus
- Prior experience in communications, marketing, advertising, non-profit, or building businesses is a plus
- This position begins Sept 15 or Oct 1
What we offer
- To fight global hunger on a volunteer agreement with the United Nations World Food Programme
- To be part of a multi-cultural, enthusiastic and driven team working on one of the most innovative social impact projects
- To do relevant work: ShareTheMeal is a team of 10 people, so what you do will matter!
- To learn new skills and to be listened to: work closely with marketing and developers, have ideas and opinions and see them come to life!