Marketing Volunteer // Share the Meal
Are you ready to get invaluable experience volunteering for the World Food Programme (WFP)? ShareTheMeal is an app from WFP’s Innovation Accelerator changing the way we fight hunger.
ShareTheMeal is the award winning app by the World Food Programme (WFP). With just a few taps on their smartphones, users can donate as little as US $0.50 and feed a child for one day. Past campaigns have fed school children in Lesotho, Syrian refugee children, pregnant and new mothers in Syria and children in Malawi for one year.
Since our global launch in November 2015, more than 12 million meals have been shared by over 800,000 users worldwide. ShareTheMeal has won several awards including a South by SouthWest Award in “New Economy”. We are part of Google’s “Best Apps of 2016” and Editor’s choice. ShareTheMeal has been picked up by many of the major media outlets including CNN, Al Jazeera and The Guardian. Check out https://sharethemeal.org/ for more info.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with further developing the go-to-market strategy and drive execution (ranging from strategy definition to partnership identification, etc.)
- Replying to users’ comments and tickets, helping to identify trends, process bugs and refine communications tactics
- Create, monitor and analyze our existing campaigns and test out new channels including Facebook Ads, Google Adwords
- A/B test ad variations and optimize accordingly, refine target audiences and segments to increase our advertising ROI
- Create content for our social media channels, handle community management activities for all in-app teams
- Support on ad hoc tasks (e.g. research relevant awards and conferences)
- German speaking or very good understanding of German is a plus
- Native or fluent English (verbal and written) with clear, consistent communication
- Interest in social impact projects and non-profits
- Prior experience in communications, marketing, advertising, non-profit, or building businesses is a plus but not required
- You take initiative, you see something that needs improvement and you take action
- You are able to prioritize and juggle competing priorities and you thrive in a startup environment
- A degree. Graduate or student of management, marketing, politics or similar
What we offer
- To fight global hunger on a volunteer agreement with the United Nations World Food Programme
- A flexible working atmosphere
- To be part of a multi-cultural, enthusiastic and driven team working on one of the most innovative social impact projects
- To do relevant work: ShareTheMeal is a team of 10 people, so what you do will matter!
- To learn new skills and to be listened to: Work closely with marketing and developers, have ideas and opinions and see them come to life!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →