PR & Corporate Communications Manager // Wayfair
Wayfair is looking for a dynamic Public Relations & Corporate Communications Manager to drive media relations and to secure high impact coverage for Wayfair Germany.
This exciting role will primarily focus on Corporate Communications, with the successful candidate driving coverage that elevates the company’s profile in Europe as an employer of choice and leader in tech and innovation, through strategic story sourcing and targeted business press outreach.
The candidate will also be responsible for helping to spear-head and develop Wayfair’s CSR programme.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for managing Consumer focused communications in Germany, including media relations, influencer campaigns and high visibility events, which aim to boost Wayfair’s brand visibility and positioning as the best place to shop for the home in Germany.
To be considered for this role, you must be a skilled multi-tasker who is adept at switching between work-streams and working in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to surface relevant and compelling stories will be key, and a proven track-record securing high visibility coverage across a range of titles is another must.
An existing contacts book of media connections would be an advantage.
- On Corporate PR, drive media coverage around corporate and technology news announcements; securing feature placements, thought leadership opportunities and executive media interviews
- Additionally, drive coverage which positions Wayfair as an employer of choice, by spotlighting key cultural stories.
- Build excellent relationships with key business and tech titles
- On Consumer PR, help to drive high-impact coverage in the consumer press, which positions Wayfair as the best place to shop for the home in Germany.
- Closely manage external PR agency, ensuring that they deliver on outlined strategy and that set KPIs are met and where possible exceeded. Assess performance and make recommendations for changes in approach
- In parallel, build excellent relationships with media, influencers and key industry partners
- Develop and execute high reach German influencer campaigns
- Assist with the management of media relations events
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with internal stakeholders to support corporate and consumer communication efforts
- Manage awards and speaking opportunities to support key areas of the business
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reporting
- Contribute written content to internal and external communications (press releases, feature content etc.)
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications or Public Relations preferred
- Significant experience in public relations/media relations
- Existing press network within the shelter, technology and business press preferred
- Proven results pitching to media and securing coverage in relevant outlets
- Ability to craft timely media pitches based on trends and breaking news
- Obsessed with measurement; data-driven
- Self-starter focused on delivering results and growing the business every day
- Critical thinker who is flexible and open to change and new information
- A team player – positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Organized with keen attention to detail
- Grasps new information, recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development and seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Excellent German and English written and oral communication skills
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course theusual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offerfree Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not onlyin the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes throughour learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellowcolleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is the leading E-Commerce company for furniture and home accessories. With our diverse range of over 7 million products, our customers can design the home they always imagined. At Wayfair, our customers can find the right product for the right price. The foundation blocks of our success were laid in 2002 by the founder Steve Conine and Niraj Shah.
Wayfair generated $4.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.