PR Manager (DACH) // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how travelers discover and book things to do in destinations around the world. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ travel dreams into reality.
We are growing and looking for a PR Manager that will help us spread the word about GetYourGuide in the DACH region, crafting compelling stories and narratives that engage media and inspire travelers.
Turn GetYourGuide’s brand promise and global network of over 34,000 things to do into stories that resonate with DACH-region media and consumers. Ensure that content is distributed in a timely manner that produces press coverage at key moments during the travel planning process and the calendar year.
As PR Manager, you will have the chance to build and shape our media strategy in the DACH market. You will be responsible for all inbound requests from DACH media, as well as for reviewing, evaluating and improving all ongoing PR activities within GetYourGuide and with external agencies.
You will be entrusted with the responsibility of setting ambitious PR goals for your market and finding innovative and creative ways to meet them while remaining on budget. You will cooperate and collaborate with internal teams and external PR agencies, so your ability to manage the expectations of stakeholders both within and outside the organization will be essential. You’ll be comfortable meeting, pitching and briefing the media as a public representative of the company.
You will be on a constant search for sources of PR inspiration, and you’ll remain constantly up to speed with the latest channels and formats to effectively distribute our content to our target audiences. You will also ensure corporate news announcements are crafted and distributed in an efficient and professional manner.
Qualities we look for:
- Ownership: You are able to set your goals, and then follow through, owning the outcomes of your work. You are organized and able to set priorities for yourself and others.
- Enthusiasm and Innovation: You can captivate our customers and followers, demonstrating the promise we keep as a brand. You will lead the way in targeting a specific audience with tailored and consistent messages that promote GetYourGuide’s product and vision, ultimately helping our customers love where they’re going.
- Cross-functional thinking: You know how to work on a diverse and multifunctional team, communicating your goals and motivations, understanding those of others and finding alignments that benefit everyone.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in public relations
- Passionate about telling positive, consumer-friendly stories
- Able to own your domain, incorporating feedback from others but holding your ground when needed
- Team player motivated by the bigger picture
- Native German speaker with a strong command of English
- We offer a comfortable and friendly work environment where every voice is heard
- You will work on one of the fastest-growing teams in a diverse international workforce from over 50 nations
- You will be an integral part of the company’s growth and success – we work with a virtual stock agreement
- We provide GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers so you can live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- Start your day with free breakfast, and end your day with yoga, soccer or many other activities
- And don’t forget pizza and beer every Friday!
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! A great application includes both your experience as well as a strong personal motivation on why this specific opportunity is the ideal next step in your career.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.