Senior PR Manager (DACH) // GetYourGuide
We are growing and looking for a Senior PR Manager (DACH) to lead media relations for GetYourGuide in the DACH region. You’ll be responsible for crafting compelling stories about travel experiences that catch the attention of top-tier media.
You’ll dive into GetYourGuide’s global network of travel knowledge & experiences to uncover our most inspiring stories. You’ll forge long-term relationships with journalists at consumer & lifestyle publications to share those stories to broad DACH audiences. You’ll build awareness and raise the reputation of the GetYourGuide brand.
As Senior PR Manager (DACH), you will have the chance to build and shape our strategy for engaging top-tier German, Austrian and Swiss media. You’ll represent us in person on press trips & key events in the market, you’ll professionally handle all inbound requests to our press inbox, and you’ll turn company news & announcements into positive DACH press coverage for GetYourGuide.
You will be entrusted with the responsibility of setting ambitious performance goals for your market and finding creative ways to meet them while remaining on budget. You will collaborate with internal creative teams and external PR agencies, so your ability to manage the expectations of stakeholders both within and outside the organization will be essential. You’ll be comfortable meeting, pitching and briefing the media as a public representative of the company.
You will be on a constant search for sources of storytelling inspiration, both within ad outside GetYourGuide, and you’ll remain constantly up to speed with the latest channels and formats to effectively distribute our content to our target audiences. You will also ensure corporate news announcements are crafted and distributed in an efficient and professional manner.
Qualities we look for:
- Ownership: You are able to set your goals, and then follow through, owning the outcomes of your work. You are organized and able to set priorities for yourself and others.
- Enthusiasm and Innovation: You can captivate and guide our customers and followers, demonstrating the promise we keep as a brand. You will lead the way in targeting a specific audience with tailored and consistent messages that promote GetYourGuide’s product and vision, ultimately helping our customers love where they’re going.
- Cross-functional thinking: You know how to work on a diverse and multifunctional team, communicating your goals and motivations, understanding those of others and finding alignments that benefit everyone.
- You have 3-5 years experience in public relations or communications, preferably in travel, consumer, lifestyle or related fields. Agency and in-house experience are equally welcomed!
- Passionate storyteller that can hold the attention of journalists on the phone, in written communications and in person.
- You know what makes journalists tick, how the consumer news cycle works, and how to break into it.
- You’re able to own your domain, incorporating feedback from others but holding your ground when needed to maintain focus and deliver results
- You’re a team player motivated to join the GetYourGuide journey
- You’re a native German speaker with a strong command of English
- We offer a comfortable and friendly work environment where every voice is heard
- You will be a part of Brand Marketing, one of the fastest-growing teams in a diverse international workforce from over 50 nations
- You will be an integral part of the company’s growth, and through virtual stock options, you will share in its success.
- We provide GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers so you can live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- Start your day with free breakfast, and end your day with yoga, soccer or many other activities
- And don’t forget pizza and beer every Friday!
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! A great application includes both your experience as well as a strong personal motivation on why this specific opportunity is the ideal next step in your career.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.