PR manager (m/f) // Kleiderkreisel
Kleiderkreisel / Vinted is a marketplace that connects people who sell, buy and swap second hand clothes. Available through iOS and Android apps as well as websites, we’re a community of 14 million members – the world’s largest style marketplace.
As our new PR manager, you’ll work on creating our PR strategy from scratch. You’ll focus on making it measurable and adapted to the specific needs of our product. Its main aim will be helping drive Vinted’s growth in Germany, as well as our other markets.
You will form close partnerships with media and press contacts in the German market to create an awareness and buzz around our platform. You will also seek out paid partnerships with major influencers to boost our product’s adoption and create consumer events that will generate engaging stories about Vinted/Kleiderkreisel.
As PR Manager, you will own the press and positioning for all B2C stories, which are released externally in the German market and and manage the portfolio of local PR agencies.
If you see PR as an excellent storytelling tool, as well as an effective marketing and acquisition channel – we’d love to meet you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Growing Vinted/Kleiderkreisel through PR activities.
- Creating and implementing a PR strategy aligned with our brand, consumer acquisition goals and our competition.
- Writing and editing communication, press releases, contributed stories, presentations and other PR materials to promote Vinted/Kleiderkreisel.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with appropriate international and national media across news, fashion, tech and lifestyle.
- Organising media events, drafting briefs and key message documents for spokespeople.
- Supporting colleagues in telling a story of sustainable fashion and community engagement.
- Working closely with Global Marketing, HR and other internal teams to help develop and deliver engaging communication plans.
We expect you to have:
- 5+ years of PR experience.
- An excellent understanding of and a track record of working in female lifestyle and fashion oriented businesses in Germany.
- Knowledge of the German media and our main competitors in the market.
- Analytical skills and a good understanding of how to measure the outcomes and impact of PR initiatives to show their direct effects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: you can simplify complex issues and communicate effectively.
- A strong hands-on mentality.
- A high learning ability.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →