Product Marketing Manager // Contentful
We are looking for an experienced product marketing manager to promote the adoption of Contentful among developer teams around the world. In your role, you will collaborate with other teams to develop strategies, implement product marketing initiatives and optimize your efforts to drive a massive adoption of our product.
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 90 people from 34 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced product marketing manager to promote the adoption of Contentful among developer teams around the world. In your role, you will collaborate with other teams to develop strategies, implement product marketing initiatives and optimize your efforts to drive a massive adoption of our product. We expect you to communicate with confidence, enjoy creative work, and show sound judgment in allocating limited resources and prioritizing the backlog of deliverables. Product marketing managers wear many hats in their job, here are some of the key responsibilities you will work on:
- Lead product marketing efforts: define overall narrative, construct ideal customer profiles, track product adoption metrics and lead communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels;
- Work with product, engineering, and design teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and coordinate timely roll-out of new features;
- Research key market and product data, conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments, their specific needs, and lifecycle stages;
- Support the sales team by researching, documenting and illustrating typical use cases, engineering best practices, and functional product requirements;
- Research market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning strategy;
- Analyze product usage, conduct customer surveys, and document functional requirements to set an effective pricing strategy;
- Set priorities for the content production backlog, drive changes to the marketing website and ensure the availability of high-quality product collaterals;
- Create robust processes and cultivate high-performance culture within the marketing team and across all key constituents.
We expect the ideal candidate to have a strong technical background, experience in leading outbound marketing efforts and conducting market research as well as be curious about business problems facing our customers. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills – we’re looking for a person who can effectively represent customer’s point of view and work constructively with the key stakeholders;
- Ability to query and interpret data to identify important trends and create compelling stories about key numbers;
- Expertise in defining customer segments, building personas and applying these insights to influence product decisions;
- Good understanding of typical web, mobile, IoT use-cases and how these use cases are implemented on different platforms;
- Strong creative skills, including copywriting, sourcing campaign ideas, working with design and web development teams;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Self-starter personality, including the ability to prioritize your backlog, execute fast, and stick to deadlines;
- Experience in creating, documenting or consuming public APIs is a plus;
- 3+ years of experience in product management, marketing or software development.
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investor and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions);
- We offer education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development;
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we’ve literally got your back;
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work;
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes;
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We also get your back in terms of settling down in a new city.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →