SEM Manager // KAYAK
KAYAK is the world’s largest travel search site, helping people find the best travel choices easily by searching data from hundreds of travel sites at once. We are looking for a Search Marketing Manager to help us optimize our global marketing initiatives. This position will make you an expert on performance marketing for the region of your responsibility. It requires collaboration with the marketing, engineering teams and country managers. As part of a dynamic and expanding team of young online marketing professionals you will help drive important marketing initiatives that are critical to growth in this market.
- Own existing search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns for brands such as KAYAK, SWOODOO, checkfelix, Mundi and expand keyword coverage, write compelling ad copy and optimize Google Ads and Bing Ads campaigns
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to optimize the campaigns
- Launch new accounts and campaigns based on the team’s roadmap to hit the company’s strategic objectives
- Proactively identify fact-based trends and opportunities within the campaigns to drive business objectives
- Maintain clear communication with team members and share optimization insights
- Keep up with the latest Search Marketing trends and platform features
- Work with cross-functional account teams including engineering, localization, marketing analytics to optimize campaign performance
- Add value as part of a global team of online marketing managers
- This position reports to the Search team lead based in Berlin
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 3+ years experience managing performance-based search engine marketing campaigns with significant spent. Google Ads Certification a plus
- Highly analytical mindset for analysis and reporting. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required, SQL knowledge a plus
- Extensive experience in optimizing towards CTR, CPC, CPA or ROAS goals and understanding how these metrics affect each other
- Fluent in English. Additional languages such as Spanish and German would be a plus
- Results oriented, creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Multitasking, agile and motivated professional that sees opportunities and takes initiatives
- Fun, ethical, passionate team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent content writing and editing skills
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours