Lead Brand Designer / Art Director // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning customers’ travel dreams into reality. Brand is a critical part of this mission.
We are looking for a creative and driven Lead Brand Designer passionate about driving the GetYourGuide brand forward as part of the newly created brand team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of the team shaping our brand from the ground up.
- Work with the best-in-class digital agencies, developing our brand identity across the organization
- Take a leading role in setting the guiding principles for the brand across all marketing channels
- Establish a visual identity (web, emails, social channels) taking into account web best practices and strong brand identity elements (knowledge in animated content is a plus)
- Create online and offline advertising/marketing assets such as newsletters, ads, email templates, printed materials, merchandise, etc.
- Work directly with the CRM, content and social teams to create designs from concept through to production
- Manage projects, coordinate resources, create project timelines, ensure on-time delivery and manage internal project communication
- Mentor/manage a small team of designers, both in-house and freelancers
What you should bring:
- 5+ year relevant professional experience (either client or agency) with focus on targeted, below the line communication ideally gained in an e-commerce, retail, or travel environment
- Minimum of 1 years of direct people management and recruiting experience
- Specialty/higher education degree in the field of communication design, graphic design, media design, or similar qualification (agency experience is beneficial)
- Strong passion for both digital and print/offline design
- The ability to work independently and lead a design team, managing your projects to budget and deadline
- Outstanding knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and a familiarity with Sketch and Invision, as well as Slack and Jira
- Strong skills in visual layout and a keen eye for typography and color selection
- Attention to detail – you work pixel perfect
- Foundational experience in people management activities such as recruitment, performance management and team development OR the desire and ambition to develop into a strong team lead
- You have fluent command of English. Fluency in one or more of our other core-market languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian) is an added plus
- A rare opportunity to be part of the team shaping a brand from the ground up
- Work in a top rated culture according to Glassdoor
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! A great application will include both your CV to show us your experience as well as a strong personal motivation, as a covering letter, on why this specific opportunity is the ideal next step in your career. Don’t forget to also include links to your portfolio.
Be sure to find out more about life at GetYourGuide by checking out our blog about being a brand designer. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.