Senior Business Analyst // GoEuro
Driven by our team of over 200 people from more than 40 different countries, GoEuro is changing the way we travel across Europe. With GoEuro you can compare and book trains, buses and flights to anywhere in Europe with one simple search, on mobile, app or desktop. By offering transparent pricing and easy booking, GoEuro makes travel planning simple, flexible and personal.
With over 500 European transportation partners across 12 countries, GoEuro is one of Europe’s fastest growing travel companies backed by 10 million monthly users and the world’s leading tech investors.
As a Senior Business Analyst in our team, you will:
Be part of an international and innovative Business team that will shape the future of the European travel industry. To make that happen, we need an experienced Business Analyst with advanced Data Analysis skills to lead a team of 2 analysts and drive the performance of our partnerships with providers by transforming data into insights.
The following tasks will be waiting for you:
- Lead a team of 2 Analysts to create, develop and optimize the whole analytical infrastructure and dashboards required by the EU Revenue team.
- Support our Country Managers to drive performance by understanding the business needs, creating automated dashboards on all the KPIs and deep diving on specific trends or issues.
- Turn the wealth of BI data available into actionable reports in Excel or Tableau.
- Track, analyse and report on the performance and impact of seasonality, marketing product enhancements and providers integrations.
- Act as an advocate of our company’s data-driven culture: produce engaging materials including monthly reporting decks, KPI dashboards, and a variety of business reports.
- Work together with our Business Intelligence, Data, Product, and Marketing teams to ensure internal ideas are aligned with external realities.
- You have 5+ years of experience working in an analytical role.
- You have been in a BI leading role for at least 2 years, driving people and creating value from data.
- You have a degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or related field.
- You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to collaborate effectively with business and technical stakeholders.
- You have very strong analysis and reasoning skills.
- You can crunch numbers in Excel like no one and know how to produce dashboards, complex reports, macros, formulas, charts and graphs.
- You can write SQL queries like a pro.
- You have some experience with reporting and analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Analytics, Redshift-like DataBases).
- You are fluent in English; additional languages are always valued at GoEuro.
- You have previous experience in an e-commerce environment and a basic understanding of Online Marketing.
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene.
- Flat hierarchies and everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities.
- Free lunches, yoga, German lessons and more.
- Competitive compensation and relocation support.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →