Senior Content Strategist (American English) – Wording & Translations // Babbel
We are looking for a Senior Content Strategist (American English)
for our Wording & Translations Team in Berlin!
W&T is Babbel’s internal language service provider: an international, interdisciplinary team serving all departments with superior text quality in all Babbel Display Languages.
As a (Senior) Content Strategist you’ll have a key role in the Wording & Translations Team as American English is the most frequent source language that W&T transcreates a vast variety of assets from. You’ll act as (and contribute in shaping) the voice of the Babbel brand and tonality, helping deliver great stories across multiple off- and online channels (from Babbel Magazine to Social Media posts).
You’ll be working on proprietary style guides and glossaries, defining specific wording standards for each text-type in cooperation with a lot of other professionals across the company to create, maintain and improve content for all Babbel’s products and channels.
All of that while being part of an in-house agency, working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
- A talented editor and a creative storyteller with a relentless strive for great copy.
- A language enthusiast with superior communication, writing and editing skills in American English (you have to be a native speaker)
- A pragmatic problem solver with marketing chops and a keen understanding of digital strategy.
- Proactive, well organized and highly collaborative.
- 5+ years working with content for digital product (web and/or mobile experiences).
- A proven record of experience in Copywriting, Copy-editing, Translation/Transcreation.
- Experience in Content Strategy.
- Knowledge of any additional languages – while bilingual skills are valued, any further language skills are a plus
- An ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, and self-manage while managing assigned projects under tight deadlines
- A strong ability to compellingly communicate a brand’s story, and a design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles (e.g. social media assets, infographics, etc.).
- An ability to present objectives and creative solutions persuasively to internal stakeholders as well as internal teams.
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of HTML and SEO best practices.
- An understanding of design thinking, UX best practices and product development.
You will be:
- Copy-editing, translating, transcreating, proofreading and writing a wide variety of high-quality digital content
- Crafting and being responsible for clear, concise, compelling and grammatically impeccable copy that speaks to our target audiences while staying on brand.
- Ensuring consistency across all platforms and channels.
- Elevating the overall quality of the (already) existing content by updating online copy to ensure that it is strategically sound, brand-appropriate, search engine optimized and aligned with the company’s overall creative approach.
- Coaching and sharing best practices with other W&T Content Strategists to develop the best approaches for our mission.
- Coordinating with the W&T Managers to help handle and deliver copy through the various content creation and review phases of online and offline projects.
- Creating, maintaining and promoting style guides and glossaries.
- Cooperating in product localization and in shaping a tone of voice for English that excites our customers
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are looking forward to hearing from you! Also check out our jobs pageand our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!