Senior Content Strategist W&T(American English) // Babbel
Reporting to the Team Lead of Wording & Translations, this is a key role in an international, interdisciplinary team with the opportunity to work on a vast variety of projects: from product localization to wording for marketing integrated campaigns, along with editing the Babbel Magazine and Blog and… much more!
You’ll act as the voice of the Babbel brand and tonality, ensuring consistency while helping deliver great stories across multiple off and online channels.
All of that while being part of an in-house agency, working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
In return, we offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Are an excellent writer with marketing chops and a keen understanding of digital strategy.
- Are able to write content for web and mobile interfaces, including interaction flows, product tours and transactional emails while applying consistent standards and elevating the overall quality of our work.
- Are a storyteller and language enthusiast with a relentless strive for superior copy, love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing.
- Understand design thinking, user experience and product development and thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact.
- Copywriting, copyediting, proofreading, translation and transcreation of a wide variety of high-quality digital content
- Ownership of English product localization (source language for further international versioning)
- Craft and edit compelling copy that speaks to our target audiences while staying on brand, ensuring consistency across all platforms while elevating the overall quality of our work
- Create, maintain and promote styleguides and glossaries
- Shape a tone of voice for American English that excites our customers
- Extremely fluent American English speaker with impeccable writing skills
- Any other foreign languages are a definite plus (German above all)
- 5+ years working with content for web or mobile experiences
- Proven record of experience in Copywriting, Copyediting, Translation/Transcreation
- High-level thinking with a penchant for keeping track of details
- A relentless drive for superior text quality
- Firm understanding of user experience and interfaces
- Standout problem solving attitude with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and highly collaborative approach
- Passion for learning and languages
Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across different content types. You may show us content you’ve created for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, marketing copy, style guides or product launch content.
- Experience in the mobile app field
- Knowledge of SEO best practices related to website architecture and navigation, internal linking and social media marketing
- Presentation and project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time
- Work within a high-performing team responsible for Wording & Translations services across all Babbel’s products and channels
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 39 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
- The position is located in our Berlin HQ