Senior Copywriter – Creative Lead // Babbel
Who we are
Babbel has been recognized as one of the “Global 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company and is transforming language-learning for the digital age. Babbel’s products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel’s team of in-house language experts. These professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, chatbots, and Apple Watch, with more platforms to come.
Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. At Babbel more than 500 team members from 40 countries share the mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and is growing its presence in the US.
Is what you are writing about worth writing about?
If you’re not excited anymore about writing advertising for margarine, cars or pizza delivery services, check this out: we are looking for a Senior Copywriter to co-lead the creative department of our new in-house agency at Babbel, and help us write great stories with big ideas. All for something worth writing about: language learning.
This is a leadership role in Babbel’s creative hub, Beat. Beat drives creativity and delivers great stories across multiple off and online channels.
- Reporting to the Director of Brand, you work in tandem with the Senior Art Director Creative Lead and the production team acting as the main creative voice of the Babbel brand. You deliver campaign ideas – big and small – ensuring consistency with brand ID/tonality across all departments.
- You lead ideation for campaigns and come up with concepts and stories that help us make Babbel a stronger brand globally and locally, and define messaging and tonality direction of the creatives.
- Our customers are global. Therefore, you develop concepts which can be localized to deliver the right message to all local markets.
- You also work closely with the Product Design team to make sure the product touch-points are aligned with the brand, and build a strong collaboration between your teams.
- Beat is in its infancy, so you play an important part in shaping its culture and role within Babbel.
- We like people with an opinion but who play nice.
- You need to be able to say “no, that’s not good enough”, strive for excellence and deliver helpful feedback for your team
- Great people management skills: from mentoring to challenging the creative team to deliver the best creative output.
- You know how to work collaboratively across different teams.
- 3-4 years experience in a creative leadership role (with experience in a digital creative environment) is essential.
- Experience in global advertising agencies and multilingual brand management(advertising copywriters, stand up comedy writers & creative storytellers welcome).
- English as a mother tongue or fully bilingual is a must.
- Work within a high-performing team responsible for growth at Babbel
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 39 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
The position is located in our Berlin HQ.