Snr English Copywriter // Fy
Fy! is building a mobile marketplace of the coolest products from the world’s best emerging brands, designers and artists.
We help people discover and shop products they’ve never seen before whilst helping our suppliers grow their revenue and build their brands on mobile.
We are funded and backed by some of the savviest investors in Europe including Forward Partners, 500 Startups and the ex-leadership of ASOS, Streetcar and LoveFilm. We are a small but passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurs, technologies and marketing experts working to build something huge.
We’re looking to build one of the most creative, exciting shopping experiences on your phone and as such we’re looking for someone who can turn a phrase to come and work with us here in Berlin.
As an entrepreneurial business and our first copywriting hire you’ll be expected to wear many hats and will a big impact on how the Fy! tone of voice evolves. We’re looking for someone with a strong point of view who understands the power of words can have in making a brand relevant to its audience.
You’ll have hit the ball out the park if, within the first 12 months,:
- Our customers are raving about how Fy! speaks to them and we’re delighting our brands, designers and artists in the way we bring their products to life with words
- We’ve established our tone of voice and deliver consistently high quality copy at scale for the app, marketing and other communications channels
Some things you’ll be doing…
- Working with our buying and merchandise team to tell the stories of our brands, artists and designers in ways that help people understand why we’ve chosen them and why their products will make their lives better
- Working with the merchandise and marketing team to come up with and produce collections of products, emails and push notifications that tap into the prevailing zeitgeist and capture the spirit of the moment
- Writing compelling marketing copy in a way that genuinely understands our audience’s wants, needs and concerns
- Working with our brand agency and marketing team to establish and execute on our tone of voice vision and positioning
Who are we looking for?
You’ll love it here if:
- Above all else you’re ambitious and want to make something amazing
- You’re interested in new, emerging brands especially in the design, homeware or accessories space
- You thrive on delivering large amounts of work and juggling multiple projects – we launch many brands a week so need to operate more like Buzzfeed than Vogue
- You have a growth mindset and understand copywriting is storytelling with a scoreboard
- You work collaboratively – you’ll be working with our sales and production team everyday to understand our brands and tell their stories
- You geek out over one or all of interior design, fashion, art, women’s style or pop culture – we’re a multi-category retailer so you’ll be writing about a broad range of categories
- You’re mildly obsessive about social media
You’ll also need to have:
- Worked as a copywriter for at least 2+ years – ideally in an agency or fast growing start up with a great tone of voice
- At least some understanding of up-to-date SEO practices
- Expertise in editing and, of course, exceptional spelling and grammar
- This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in Europe.
- Impact and influence – you’ll be joining a small but high performance team and, as our only copywriter, will be influential in how we communicate to everyone
- An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, Tuenti, TicTail…)…
- You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital startup – marketing, fundraising, product, ops, engineering etc.
- Competitive salary and options – we’re thinking huge and hope it pays out for all.