Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f) – Berlin // Spotcap
Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with a local presence in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. We are growing rapidly!
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap – our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in empowering SMEs and evolving the finance industry.
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to deliver top-notch analytics solutions to our clients. You will be working closely with the Sales and Operations departments to streamline reporting processes, derive insights from our data while enabling better decision-making practices.
You will take full ownership of your project areas: from generating ideas to designing reports and conducting analyses to interpreting and communicating the results. This role will put you right at the crossroads of tech and business.
In this role you will…
- Assist our sales and operations teams to make data-driven decisions by defining metrics and finding actionable insights.
- Deep-dive into our funnel and customer journeys by structuring and analysing data from numerous systems, such as Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and Google BigQuery.
- Troubleshoot data issues and build customised reports to investigate key business questions.
- Work closely with our Sales Managers, helping them to analyse their account portfolios and build tools to simplify their day-to-day tasks.
- Continuously create and improve our Business Intelligence platform (Power BI) in order to equip the company with rock-solid reporting solutions.
- Help us develop ETL processes between our systems and data warehouse (Redshift).
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following…
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 130 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies – meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities and tech talks.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate…
- Has a Bachelor (minimum requirement) or Masters’ degree, preferably in an analytical field – e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance.
- Is fluent in SQL querying.
- Has a very good understanding of relational databases and data modeling.
- Possesses relevant and demonstrated experience with self-service Business Intelligence platforms (Tableau, Power BI etc.).
- Has worked with Sales and / or Operations departments before.
- Is familiar with Salesforce data model.
- Is a data evangelist with passion to solve business issues from an analytical point of view.
- Is a self-starter with drive to improve existing processes and propose innovations.
- Has a proven track record of working in a dynamic work environment in a cross-functional team.
- Is able to effectively communicate results across the company.
- Is obsessed with quality.