Competitive Specialist // KAYAK
KAYAK is looking for an analytically-minded, problem-solving team player to liaise with our engineering teams and business stakeholders across all offices. You like startups but want the security of an established team and product. You are passionate about the travel industry and want to start your career in an environment where you have a direct impact on the business. If you’re interested in business analysis and you would like to work on a team of similarly talented individuals, we’d love to hear from you.
- Benchmark KAYAK against major players of the online travel industry
- Identify discrepancies and missing content that affect competitiveness
- Provide actionable recommendations to optimize performance based on the data collected
- Investigate inaccuracies to improve user experience
- Work closely with engineering, business development and external partners to solve technical issues
- Create ad-hoc reports for business teams and C-level executives
- Support the development of an internal automated testing tool
- Strong business sense and problem solving skills
- Previous work experience in analysis or equivalent education
- Hands on experience with Excel
- Passionate about the travel industry
- Fluent in English, German/other languages beneficial
- Good communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Logical and numerical mindset, not afraid to dive into detail
- Ability to take initiative and manage your own projects
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV to be considered for this position.
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours