Copywriting Lead / Senior Copywriter // GetYourGuide
Always seeking to excel, we are looking for a Copywriting Lead who will take on the principal ownership of GetYourGuide’s editorial copy, and bring us even closer to our customers. You will be responsible for strategic initiatives in the fields of marketing and product copy. Join us to help give GetYourGuide a voice and to craft communications that will attract, engage, convert, and retain millions of customers.
What you will be doing:
- Create great copy:
- Manage the editorial content of the website and the app in order to attract and retain customers
- Write captivating copy for our website A/B tests and design your own copy-specific A/B tests
- Produce engaging and performant ad copies for paid marketing campaigns (Adwords, display marketing, etc.)
- Set our tone of voice:
- Establish and continually improve on our tone of voice
- Ensure consistent adherence to our editorial voice across the organization
- Provide editorial quality control for all publications
- Manage a small team of editorial copywriters
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders on various projects including marketing, product and sales
We are looking for you if:
- You are an English native speaker with 5+ years experience in publishing or commercial writing in an online environment
- You are an exceptional copywriter who can adapt your copy to the right context in terms of target audience, marketing channel, word limit, use case and target KPI
- You have expertise in establishing editorial standards and helping to shape a brand voice that really speaks to users
- You have good project management skills, experience working and co-owning projects with product and marketing teams, and are familiar with agile working environments
- You’re eager to learn and motivated to succeed
Even better if you:
- Understand user testing methodologies, such as focus groups or online user testing
- Previously created globally friendly copy that can be efficiently localized into multiple languages
- Have been exposed to content marketing and brand development
- Know how to use visual content for effective newsletters and display marketing
- Set up A/B tests before or worked in a test driven environment
Why work with us?
- An open work environment where every voice is heard
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- Free breakfast, German lessons and fun Fridays with Pizza and Beer
We value learning quickly, succeeding and failing as we go. Our work is never finished and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us for weekly all-hands meetings and monthly business updates; take part in regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and attend relevant conferences!
Also check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to get some insights into what happens behind the scenes.
Do you have the skills to do the job, enthusiasm for our vision and fit our culture? Yes! We look forward to hearing from you! Please include your resume and cover letter in English.
This is a full-time position based in Berlin. The role reports directly to the COO.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →