Customer Service Expert – Italy (m/f) // SumUp
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us.
Please DO apply if:
- You have excellent language skills (verbal and written) in Italian.
- You enjoy helping customers and engaging with people on the phone.
- You can remain calm, focused, and friendly even in stressful situations.
- You personally identify with the startup world, find it interesting, and have an idea of what to expect.
- You are curious and persistent in solving technical and operational issues.
- You have strong time management and organizational skills and can prioritise your own tasks.
- You have great interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues. Your excellent communication skills will help you go above and beyond the expected; customer support that WOWs people!
- You are proactive, and will go out of your way to contribute in continuously developing what we love the most: “Changing the world by redefining the way merchants and customers interact.”
- You are interested in understanding retail and mobile payment products, the complexities of payment processing, the industry as a whole, and our competitors.
- You are self-motivated and perform well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You are flexible, open to change, and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- You love being a reliable and supportive part of a dedicated team.
- You are a technology enthusiast.
Please do NOT apply if:
- You’d feel like a fish out of water without a well-defined, traditional corporate structure
- If you have not consistently performed in the top 15% among your peers in Customer Service
- If you’re only looking for a traditional 9-5 job
- Our Berlin office of roughly sixty people regularly partakes in bonding activities like bimonthly brunch feasts, cocktail hours, cinema nights, as well as weekly yoga.
- You are encouraged to voice your opinion and have a direct impact on our merchant-facing products, even if your ideas are outside of your area of specialization.
- Easily get to work – our Berlin office is in Mitte: Tram and U-Bahn are literally at our doorstep, S-Bahn only 2 minutes away.
- Get your own SumUp staff account and accept card payments from your friends, free of charge.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →