Director of Talent Acquisition // Contentful
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 100 people from 37 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
We are seeking a talented and experienced leader with a background in talent acquisition to lead a team of recruitment professionals in Berlin and San Francisco. In this role, you will be challenged to meet aggressive hiring goals while building a scalable and effective recruiting function. The ideal candidate is an excellent mentor and coach who can motivate and help foster the learning and development of team members. As a part of the management team at Contentful, you’ll have a seat at the table. We’ll look to you to as the subject matter expert that will guide the company in bringing best practices to our Talent Team.
- Lead a best in class talent acquisition team.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the organization
- Manage key recruiting metrics on an ongoing basis. Present status updates and make recommendations that optimize our processes and organization.
- Manage the offer approval process. Utilize our salary and equity data to ensure fitted offers are presented.
- Optimize candidate assessment methods throughout the company.
- Recruit for diversity. Use and share best practices learned to attract, hire, and retain a diverse workforce.
- Ensure recruiting success and high candidate traffic through all channels: employee referrals, applicants/active and passive/sourced candidates.
- 5+ years experience managing a team of Recruiters and Sourcers.
- 2+ years experience in in-house recruitment.
- Proven success scaling an organization.
- Proven ability to create an ideal candidate experience.
- Metrics-driven. You use data to continuously improve the recruitment process.
- Proven ability to attract and hire talent across all departments; specific experience working with technology focused candidates a plus
- Experience recruiting for diversity.
- High-proficiency in all best-of-breed recruiting platforms: LinkedIn Recruiter, AngelList, Glassdoor, ATS (Greenhouse), G-Suite and more.
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- We offer education budgets complete with extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Set up for success. From your hardware to your chair, we’ve literally got your back
- Enjoy certain flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!