Director of Operations / Head of Special Projects // Centrifuge
Centrifuge is growing and we need your help to build the future of open, decentralized business software. Join our team building a decentralized business operating system on top of public blockchains.
We are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable (read startup adaptable) Director of Operations.
Besides being the go-to person for special projects that need company-wide orchestration, you will work directly with the founders and the management team in all things people, process, and tools. You will handle day-to-day management of scheduling with our team, customers, and partners to allow the founders to focus on strategy and growing our business. Project management plays an important part in this role. You will be responsible for detailed planning and project coordination, as well as the ability to communicate across time zones and locations with a variety of internal and external team members.
- Be the project manager and point of contact for company-wide special projects that require coordination across the team as well as outside partners.
- Implement systems and tools that get out of the way so that our small team can work efficiently and collaboratively towards the common goals.
- Work with our founders and the whole team to be aligned with our vision, while keeping the trains running on a day-to-day basis.
- Promote the “startup spirit” while building lightweight processes and controls to support our growth.
- Own and drive implementation and maintenance of internal systems for HR, finance, reporting, FP&A.
- Guide the employee journey from first contact to joining the team.
- Create and own our employee onboarding process.
- Be the knowledgeable liaison to our bookkeepers, accountants, and investors regarding all things “finance”, including AR and expenses.
- Connect the team members and assure that our in-person team-meetings happen.
- Foster common goals and direction of execution within a team that is spread across two continents.
- Oversee our office and co-working spaces.
- You like problem-solving and working with smart and nice people.
- Attention to detail. Lots of it.
- Able to work in the fast-paced world of a new company that is spread around the globe.
- Experience collaborating efficiently with local and international teams.
- Speaking additional languages to English is a plus (preferably German).
- Demonstrable self-direction and ownership.
- Willingness to be hands-on in all areas, often even those outside of this job description
- Professional exposure to preparing, understanding and using financial models to drive decisions.
- Professional exposure and involvement with accounting and HR.
- We don’t have a requirement for you to have a specific degree. However, candidates for this role likely have a Bachelor degree related to business/finance or an MBA.
Centrifuge is the decentralized operating system to power global trade and commerce. We are building the systems and tools on public blockchain infrastructure to enable open, fair, and transparent business within the Financial Supply Chain.
Over the last 20 years, we built companies and software to address major issues in the world of Procure to Pay. Global large-scale business networks, invoicing between companies, providing financing for the supply chain – to name a few services we created over the years.
The Centrifuge OS allows businesses to transact on a global, decentralized network while maintaining control of their data. It democratizes access to business processes, makes the supply chain more transparent, and removes the middle-men who extract money from the global economy for their own sake.
We are setting up our Berlin offices right now and you will be one of the first ones to join the team and shape our culture.