Dutch Content Editor // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is a global marketplace for tours and activities, and the Netherlands is part of our promising source markets. We are looking for a Content Editor to help us bring our range of products to Dutch-speaking customers, own the voice of the Dutch website, and communicate our story via the creation of weekly newsletters. With ownership from the get-go and plenty of room to grow, you’ll get to make big contributions alongside smart, inspired people.
Your main responsibility is to ensure that the Dutch content on our website is accurately translated and easily understandable to customers, enabling them to make well-informed choices. You’ll also work closely with other language specialists and content editors in order to collect and act upon various data, helping to fine-tune processes within the Content team. Think you’re up to the job? Great! Join us to help give GetYourGuide a strong voice for the Dutch market.
What will you be doing?
- Translate and proofread our website and product pages (English to Dutch)
- Keep the Dutch website up-to-date by modifying translations of product pages
- Be responsible for the quality of the Dutch copy
- Manage a small pool of freelance translators
We are looking for you if you:
- Are a Dutch native speaker with an excellent command of English
- Have experience, on a professional level, translating and editing copy from English to Dutch
- Have at least 1 year’s experience in a similar position
- Make data-driven decisions and are process-oriented
- Can create and proofread copy for different audiences and departments
- Are a multitasking wizard with a keen eye for detail
- Are eager to learn and motivated to succeed
The ideal candidate would also:
- Hold a university degree in translation or another language-related subject
- Bring translation experience from the travel industry
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, prioritizing tasks according to company needs
- Be passionate about localization and globalization
More reasons to join us
- Comfortable and friendly work environment where every voice is heard
- International team from all corners of the globe
- Room to develop professionally
- Regular learning events and team outings
Sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Please include the following items in your application:
- Your resume in English
- A brief cover letter in English
- 2 writing samples in Dutch and/or translation samples from English to Dutch
Please note that this position is inhouse (30 hours/weekly).
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →