Event Coordinator // Babbel
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
We are looking for an Event Coordinator to join our team in Berlin!
As an Event Coordinator, your mission will be to drive all external events, meet-ups, talks, career fairs at Babbel and be responsible for their budget, as well as organising and coordinating planning efforts. You will be closely working with several departments in the company such as Finance, Office Management, Human Resources, PR/Communications, Marketing, IT Support, etc.
- Design, budget and execute events like meet-ups for talent acquisition, job fairs, leadership days, speeches, external visits at Babbel, etc.
- Act as a link for Employer Branding by owning decision-making processes on event management together with Office Management, Human Resources, and PR/Communications
- Take responsibility and process ownership from start to finish
- Collaborate with service providers and network partners as well as identify locations for off-sites etc.
- Drive promotions for events together with PR/Communications
- Identify opportunities to negotiate with vendors, caterers, and locations, as well as research and set-up of material, service and additional offers for the events
- Analyse and report on successes
- Collaborate with various stakeholders inside Babbel (Finance, Office Management, PR/ Communications, Marketing, Human Resources, etc.)
- Take responsibility for event budgets
- Solid experience in design and organising events of various sizes (10-600 participants)
- Completed training or educational background in event management
- Inner motivation to successfully plan and execute events
- Confidence when handling internal customers and external service providers as well as the ability to single-handedly own the area of responsibility
- High engagement and flexibility
- Distinguished communication and teamwork skills
- Confident with MS Office and project planning tools
- Business fluency in German and English
- Willingness and flexibility to work on weekends and evenings, depending on the event schedules – of course, we are flexible to accommodate your work-life balance
- A great mission and highly motivated team that wants to push boundaries
- Fast growth potential and long-term prospects within a highly experienced team
- A lively startup atmosphere with flexible working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 50 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene
- Great company benefits (High-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you!