Head of Adventure Guidebook & Content Operations // Fatmap
Help build the future of Outdoor Adventure
FATMAP is the leading Outdoor Adventure Platform. We are revolutionising the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure guidebook is used by top professionals and a fast growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
As a Head of Adventure Guidebook & Content Operations at FATMAP your job will be to build the most relevant, inspirational, high quality and trusted adventure guidebook to the world, and the team to make it happen.
To make this a reality, you will work with internal and external editors, partner with outdoor destinations, brands, clubs, leverage our adventure community and source the best adventure content from skiing to hiking, biking, climbing, trail running and much much more. To realise our content strategy at scale and to the highest quality standards, you’ll be working closely together with our product and partnership leads.
- A strong operational track record
- Successfully built and managed (distributed) teams
- Experience with editorial and media production at scale
- Good grasp of the outdoor space and its players
- … and of course, a soft spot for adventure guidebooks
- Build the highest quality, most relevant and inspiring digital adventure guidebook, together with our editorial team, destination partners, outdoor brands, clubs and content providers
- Articulate and execute our adventure content production plan, in sync with our high level business and product strategy
- Support our editorial team with key processes
- Support our partnership team with building strategic content partnerships across the globe
- Drive and ensure quality and completeness of all our adventure guidebook content
- Collaborate with the product team, to enable a scalable, best-in-class content-creation, -production, and -moderation workflow
- Measure progress and improve the Adventure Guidebook through data insights
- Build the team
- You are dynamic and can effortlessly transition between the various facets of the company as required
- You comfortably navigate the complexity and dynamics of an early stage business
- You are a self-starter and comfortable taking the lead
- You are an exceptional, engaging communicator
- You set focus and are naturally driving for concrete, tangible results
- You have an eye for detail and care deeply about quality
- You can motivate, engage and guide a distributed team, to really get things done
- You distill complex requirements into a non-complex solution.
What we offer
- Possibly the most compelling editorial outdoor adventure challenge
- A great office environment in Kreuzberg, Berlin
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- The technical tools (laptop, screens etc.) of your choice
- Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure)
- The opportunity to grow with a growing company in an exciting space
- For this role you’ll be based mostly in Berlin, from where you´ll regularly travel to meet outdoor partners
How to apply
If you the above sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a team of ambitious adventurers we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a brief cover letter describing why you are a great fit for FATMAP and your resume.