Head of IT Operations (f/m/div) // FinLeap
One of our ventures, finreach, is looking for a skilled, bold leader to further shape their IT operations and customer care team to keep up with their growth. As Head of IT Operations, you’ll have a foundational role throughout the organization and a significant opportunity to take ownership and push finreach solutions to the next level in terms of leadership, IT infrastructure and DevOps.
As a Head of IT Operations (f/m/div) at finreach, you will solve tough, ambiguous problems with an international scope as well as lead, grow and mentor a team of 4 members currently. Making our customers and consumers happy is your daily business; You and your team are responsible of the after-sales process which includes steering, scaling and improving all operations from internal IT infrastructure operations through success-focused, technical customer support and state-of-the-art DevOps.
In your role as Head of IT Operations you will be the incremental link between our Tech and Product Teams and the Operations Department as well as all customer facing stakeholders. In order to ensure the growth and success of finreach and its operations you are capable of finding the balance between getting your hands dirty in daily operational business, tickets and SQL queries and strategizing together with the CPO on how to move forward and how to lead and mentor your team.
What you’ll achieve:
- Consult with internal stakeholders in Finance, Sales, Product and Tech on best practices and standards within finreach solutions
- Get to know our international ops & CC team of 4; coach, mentor and lead your team members and take care of their short- and long-term personal growth
- Help further design and then handle / drive all key operational processes together with our CPO in our innovative B2B2C digital API Platform
First 6 months:
- Work with the team to on-board our platform products, track and notify important deadlines, contract expirations etc.
- Develop and scale a forward-thinking IT infrastructure strategy
- Dive deeper in and create a technical support system which sets finreach and our partners on the route to success and ensure that it becomes a competitive differentiator.
- Design, implement and communicate risk policy, including controls and reporting mechanisms, as well as design tools to identify and analyze risks
- Depending on your experience, you will either join the company’s leadership team or work closely with it – in either case supported by a strong team of experts.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience working in a technologically challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Broad technology experience and ability to understand complex software systems. Programming skills in SQL or Python (or R) and a basic understanding of databases (like MySQL, MongoDB) is required
- Current in-depth knowledge of JIRA and the ability to quickly get used to internal systems, e.g our CRM
- Ability to recognize problems before they arise. Ideally, you have set up and optimized your department process. You do not only scratch the surface, but you always do root cause analysis. “Why” is the word you use the most.
- Leadership experience – you have built and managed teams and love developing and growing people; enabling them to achieve their full potential
- A hands-on leader – you have a strategic mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to tactically execute; you act as an agile role model and can motivate people especially in times of change
- A fanatical pursuit of quality with a strong appreciation for the connection between quality software and the experience it delivers to customers.
As an Advantage:
- Knowledge in the financial industry or building platform product(s)
- At least one Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma
- Experience working in Agile project management
- Experience with AWS or Java
- Spanish language skills.
What you’ll get from us:
Working with us means you will be challenged every day by our customers and your peers. You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected. You get to give and receive regular feedback to improve yourself and others.
We know that exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success. As part of our team you can benefit from our employee-funded company pension scheme, receive varied discounts (from public transportation to sports) and 28+ days of vacation per year. Naturally, we help you with integration in the city; provide relocation/visa support and German classes, if applicable. Plus the fun stuff, like choosing your own work equipment, weekly yoga or jogging with your peers, a fully stocked kitchen, regular lunches/breakfasts, other team socials and quarterly team events. Check out our page on Stackoverflow as well as our website to learn more!
Founded in 2014, Finreach Solutions is the B2B2C-platform for financial institutions, brokers and non-financial organizations. We support our partners in the digitalization of their business and interaction with their customers. Our platform offer best-in-class interfaces and reduced backend complexity. Due to the functionalities of the platform, organizations can focus on their products with one-click infrastructure components, and pivot their products rapidly with reduced time and cost. Furthermore we help financial organisations to maximise their customer lifetime value with SaaS products (see Switch Kits).
Companies like DKB, Deutsche Bank and the German Sparkassen rely on FinReach to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace. We’re growing and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
FinReach welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds e.g. related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent, opinions and culture to their work.
To all recruitment agencies: FinReach does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to FinReach employees or to any other company location. FinReach is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please apply online with your LinkedIn profile (or CV if you prefer). Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.