Head of Operations // SEEK Development
If you are an experienced manager with strong business and finance understanding, passionate about driving operations at a boutique consulting firm, this is the opportunity for you!
As Head of Operations, you will play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the company. Directly reporting to SEEK’s Executive Management, you will oversee all of SEEK’s business operations.
SEEK Development (SEEK) is a well-established, rapidly growing consultancy specializing in strategy and policy development, leadership and change management, large programmatic and organizational evaluations, as well as strategic advocacy. SEEK’s sectoral focus is on global health and education, with functional focus areas including aid effectiveness, the global financing architecture for development, and innovative financing approaches.
SEEK works with international organizations, civil-society institutions, foundations, and socially responsible enterprises. SEEK’s clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, the World Health Organization, Brot für die Welt, and the World Bank, among many others.
For more information, please visit http://seekdevelopment.org.
- Get our internal operations (finance, human resources, strategy) ready for the next phase of growth and stay on top of operational best practices;
- Oversee all financial and administrative processes, including contract management, tax and accounting;
- Implement fit-for-purpose systems and tools for reporting and forward-looking financial and resource planning;
- Advise and support executive leadership on key business development topics, such as the internationalization of SEEK’s operations, and the continuous development and operationalization of SEEK’s business strategy;
- Lead day-to-day operations, managing a team of finance, human resources and executive assistants;
- Prepare and attend weekly management meetings.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in a similar role, ideally in a start-up or a consulting firm in a project management/operations or finance role;
- Excellent finance and operations know-how with strong track record in process design;
- Multitasking talent with strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, dedicated to driving continuous improvement in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to manage a team;
- Advanced degree in business or related field from a leading university;
- Fluency in German and English.
- Unique chance to actively shape business set-up in a fast-growing consultancy with strong social impact;
- Opportunity to apply your strong analytical and interpersonal skills to drive continuous improvement, managing your own team;
- Passionate, dynamic and values-driven team of colleagues in constant search of excellence;
- Excellent learning and development opportunities;
- Attractive remuneration and new loft office in Berlin.
Piqued your interest? Please submit a cover letter, CV and references in one document per e-mail with the subject “Application: Head of Operations” to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience but no later than 23 April, 2017. We are reviewing CVs on a rolling basis.
In case of any queries, please contact Lucia Baginova at +49 (0)30 4202 5211.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →