Hosting Operations Engineer // KAYAK
- Administering Linux/Apache/Tomcat servers and applications in KAYAK’s production, staging and development environments.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing issues in KAYAK’s production environment.
- Build/install/patch production releases of KAYAK’s application software on a rotating basis.
- Performing 24X7 on call duty on a rotating basis.
- 3+ years experience with application and Linux/Apache/Tomcat administration in a high volume web hosting operation. (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills including in depth knowledge of DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS and SSH protocols.
- Experience building and deploying production application software. Source code management/GIT experience desirable.
- Strong ruby/groovy/python/perl/bash or equivalent scripting capabilities.
- Experience implementing and administering operations automation and configuration management software. Puppet experience preferred.
- Experience configuring and administering switches, firewalls and load balancers.
- Experience implementing and configuring monitoring tools
- Experience administering MySQL databases.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
- Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause quickly while under duress.
- Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with internal and external customers and partners.
- Multi-tasker: ability to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize them.
- Ability to document your work and keep that documentation up to date.
- Thrives in an environment with very strong colleagues.
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.
Benefits & Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →