HR Administration Manager // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 500 team members from over 42 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for an HR Administration Manager for our Team in Berlin!
You will be:
- Leading the administrative side of the employment life cycle – from handling work permits and preparing contracts to payroll preparation, processing terminations and writing reference letters.
- Ensuring the development of the HR Admin Team, providing guidance and consultation, improving systems & driving forward organisation-wide HR projects.
- Key contact person for employees, prospective employees and third parties regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
- Ensuring that HR records, contractual changes and other people related documentation for employees is processed and recorded in electronic and paper form.
- Supporting with creating and implementing HR policies and processes.
- Supporting and guiding junior level colleagues if needed.
- A trustworthy communicator with excellent active listening skills and ability to express yourself clearly in English and German.
- Able to prioritise well between the tasks to meet the deadlines on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or related field
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar role, preferably in a high-growth start-up environment
- Good knowledge of German labor law, particularly in relation to contract agreements and right to work.
- Strong affinity for numbers and an eye for detail
- Excellent Business German and English skills, both written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and a first hands on experience with HRM systems
Nice to have:
- Experience using BambooHR and JIRA
- Knowledge of any additional languages
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!