HR Business Partner // Contentful
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 100 people from 37 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
By joining our growing HR team as our company scales rapidly, you will work both collaboratively and independently to make a real impact in setting up our HR processes. Your passion for HR means that you will have the opportunity to take ownership of HR projects that will shape our business going forward. What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve interesting problems. We are a hard-working, international, agile and feedback-oriented bunch, that enjoys interacting with one another in a cosy, respectful and welcoming environment.
In your role as HR Business Partner, you will be a strategic partner to the management on all HR related topics. You are fully dedicated to internal clients, their needs and their duties. If you describe yourself as a team player who wants to make an impact shaping the business with fresh, new ideas, we really want to hear from you!
- Be the major point of the contact for the employees and managers in the business unit
- Help to develop and implement better people management practices
- Build a valuable relationship between the HR department and co-employees
- Facilitate requests and solutions to/from the business unit
- Provoke positive changes in the people management area, acting as the performance improvement driver
- Challenge the organizational structure of the internal client and propose changes
- Support managers in all labor law related topics
- Work closely with the rest of the HR department to contribute and shape team projects
- 3-5 years of experience working as an HR Business Partner
- Team player who can work independently and facilitate change
- You have excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- You have a wide range of skills including negotiation, project management and change management
- You are someone with a strong business acumen
- Time management and juggling priorities is second nature to you
- You’re analytical and great at problem-solving
- You possess labor law knowledge
- Work together in a cosy and innovative team of HR professionals
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Get involved with fun events and team budgets
- We offer education budgets complete with extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Set up for success. From your hardware to your chair, we’ve literally got your back
- Enjoy certain flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!