Junior Mentor Operations Specialist // CareerFoundry
Fully support our mentors and tutors, helping them feel connected and supported and making sure they have the tools they need to fulfill their responsibilities to our students.
1 – Respond quickly to our community of mentors to resolve student issues and mentor issues
- Answer queries from our mentors to ensure they feel supported and equipped to do their jobs
- Liaise with colleagues to solve issues related to platform bugs and student-mentor challenges
- Be the voice of the mentors within CareerFoundry, representing their needs and concerns to the company
2 – Engage with our mentor community
- Create a close-knit and engaged mentor community by brainstorming and leading interactive, remote events
- Use your creative side to write spotlights to highlight our unique mentor community and contribute to our monthly newsletter
- Monitor and moderate communications channels like Slack to ensure that mentors are heard
3 – Help manage our pool of freelance mentors
- Track mentor performance and vacation requests to ensure a smooth experience for the mentors and the students
- Apply and communicate company policies to our mentor community
- Apprenticeship, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service and/or community management, preferably in an educational environment
- Native-level English proficiency, further languages are a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and teams to accomplish project goals
- Background or degree in Communication, Sociology, Psychology or Human Resources
- Familiarity with tech environment
- Familiarity with the unique challenges of the online education environment
How to Apply:
Please write a letter of intent stating why you want to work for CareerFoundry, what interests you about online education and how you could make an impact working with the team.
Please submit your resume/CV, along with your letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Jr. Mentor Operations Specialist” in the subject line.