Junior Operations Manager (m/w/d) // Smunch
We are changing the way people eat in their workplace.
We love what we do. And to eat.
Smunch is a fast-growing food-tech startup headquartered in Berlin – we are on a mission to make it easy for companies to bring teams together by providing healthy, delicious and affordable lunches. Our founding team has significant experience in the food technology industry and venture development.
We have a vision of smunchifying the workplace for every employee and to make it a fun environment full of perks, motivation and team spirit. If you share our ideas we are happy to hear from you! Together we can grow and build the future of healthy workplace lunches!
In this role, you will have an important part of the city Level Logistic and Distribution Team. You will be working closely with all city level sub-managers to ensure effective and efficient daily operations.
Why this role is a chance for you?
If you want to up-level and grow your career very fast, this junior role will enable you to boost your team leading abilities and master the project management skills.
So, if you see a challenge when others see problems, read on!
- Leading and coordinating a new operational concept project for Smunch
- Ensuring the effectiveness of daily operational processes and supervision of proper tasks execution
- Spearheading process improvement projects for Smunch logistics and distribution using a variety of process improvement methodologies and techniques
- Coordinating with departments across Smunch for better Logistical performance
- Standardizing processes and workflows in Berlin for use in other Smunch Locations
- In the absence of the City Operations Manager, takes decisions and directs the city logistics team
- University graduate business or economics background
- Previous internship in operations or experience in medical sample transport, catering, package delivery, expedition transport of climate controlled goods, military logistics
- Knowledge or practical experience in changing and improving existing processes
- Sharp analytical mindset
- Curious switched on, quick learner
- Ability to multitask and to think “out of the box”
- You simply love action, and of course, health food!
- Excellent communication skills, and
- German and English (written and spoken) both on C1 level
What we offer:
- Training and career prospects in a fast-growing startup
- Work in the exciting food-tech sector – and yes, there’s always going to be healthy, delicious food on the table!
- A young, international, motivated and experienced team of top performers
- The possibility to form your own professional development and growth
- Fun at work and empowering work environment
- Transparency – and the encouragement to speak your mind
- Lots of hilarious team events (yes, we can laugh at ourselves!)
- Of course, you get to enjoy the Smunch Lunch Program
We are looking forward to hearing from you!