Office Manager // Holvi
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi combines everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
Our purpose at Holvi is to give our customers more of what they need most: time. Freelancers and entrepreneurs want to focus on their own business and expect us to support them in becoming successful. It is our job to make sure our customers feel that they are receiving great value from our service. In order to do that, we need help in managing our daily operations at our brand new office in Berlin.
Therefore, we are now looking for an enthusiastic Office Manager to join us. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record in support operations in an international business environment. Previous experience working with a tech company is a definite plus. We hope you share our passion for entrepreneurship; as an individual, you thrive in a creative, collaborative and results-oriented role that gives you the independence to build things from the ground up.
Your role and responsibilities
- Providing administrative support for the entire Berlin office (about 20 people)
- Employee onboarding, making sure all new employees are given induction to the Holvi premises and processes
- Ensuring that monthly payroll is accurately prepared and reported to the external payroll accountant at the designated time
- Office supplies and other supplies
- Liaising with vendors and suppliers
- Handling daily/weekly office routines
- Working in cooperation with the office manager in Helsinki
- Assisting with the implementation of protocols, inventories, and manuals
- Controlling, assigning and forwarding correspondence
- Organisation and storage of documentation
- Ensuring that all material and other information is kept confidential
- 3+ years in Office Management
- Prior experience in diverse administrative tasks, e.g. supply requests, employee onboarding, payroll coordination, employee vacation and benefits coordination and other clerical responsibilities is a must
- Prior experience working in startups is highly desired
- Previous track record of building and managing online communities is a definite plus
- Fluent in German and English
Our ideal candidate
- Is self motivated and comfortable operating and leading autonomously and working in a cross-functional and international team in a remote setup
- Has a keen sense of focus on delivering results, regardless of obstacles and challenges that may arise
- Is a natural collaborator who is able to drive alignment across disparate groups, while not watering down results
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Is organised and comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, cross-functional and remote environment with multiple stakeholders
We offer you
- A talented team of 90+ colleagues of 23 different nationalities across offices in Helsinki, Berlin and Madrid
- A front-seat position in a fast growing technology company with solid funding and a clear long-term vision
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Continuous development opportunities
- An exciting career opportunity in a fast growing fintech company, owned by one of the world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA.
- We’re banking for Makers and Doers – European entrepreneurs, freelancers and small business owners.
- Founded in Helsinki, Finland in 2011 by entrepreneurs, tired of the time and effort that money management and bureaucracy took up. We’re here to make entrepreneur’s everyday life easier.
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company with solid funding and a clear long term vision.
- We are a global community with a team of 90+ members, of 23 different nationalities.
- We operate as an Authorised Payment Institution regulated by the FIN-FSA.
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing.
This position is based in Berlin and reports to the Head of Growth in Berlin. For more info, please get in touch with Terhi Norokorpi, Office Manager in Helsinki, firstname.lastname@example.org.