Office Manager // KAYAK
KAYAK is looking for an Office Manager for our Technology Center in Berlin, a vibrant tech office with great people from 40 countries and awesome perks. We think this is one of the coolest offices in Berlin and you will be playing a pivotal role in constantly making it even better.
The role of our Office Manager is demanding and bursting with variety, hence you need to be a great all-rounder, an expert multi-tasker and problem-solver with a friendly can-do attitude. You will be the backbone of our office, the glue that binds everyone together, and you will also be the first person employees will approach when there is an office issue which can range from the serious, to just needing the right organic soy milk in the fridge.
- Help shape a positive office culture, bring in new ideas to increase productivity and motivation of the team.
- Ensure the office is in top shape, tidy and a great place to work.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, e.g. cleaning company, groceries, repairmen, building management, local hotels; review and approve office vendors bills.
- Manage office supplies and budgets including lunch, snacks, drinks, etc.
- Manage internal benefits such as massages, language classes, etc.
- Welcome visitors, help arrange travels and meetings for teams and guests.
- Coordinate office events, support the social committee.
- Provide ad hoc support to the team as needed, run errands.
- 3+ years experience in office management or hospitality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
- Fun, outgoing personality, team player.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, creative problem solver.
- IT literate, with good working knowledge of Google mail, calendar, docs.
- Fast, highly organized, able to juggle multiple schedules while managing priorities and keeping an overview on the bigger picture.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours