Receptionist (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
As a growing company of ~80 employees, we welcome lots of people to our office every day: candidates, freelancers, technicians, etc. We need you to be the friendly face of Blinkist when people visit our office – from keeping the calendar to making our guests feel right at home… and much more! You will join our Internal Operations team part-time (30h/week between 9 am and 4 pm) or full-time to make our welcoming experience a little bit smoother.
As our Receptionist, you will:
- Man the reception area and welcome visitors. You will treat our guests like family by offering them a drink and getting them settled
- Manage a visitor calendar and alert team members when guests have arrived
- Make sure conference rooms are set and ready for meetings and interviews
- Take care of all incoming/outgoing mail and packages
- Schedule company travel and accommodation for the entire company or individually for business travels
- Help our employees with German bureaucracy so that they get settled in Berlin
- Take on some of the accountabilities of our Office Manager as our office is expanding
To do this, we believe you should have:
- The ability to write, read and speak German and English at a fluent level
- A friendly and upbeat attitude
- A knack for making people feel welcome and comfortable
- The ability to multitask along with great organizational skills
- A great eye for detail
- The ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Google G Suite – especially Google Calendar
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Receptionist, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!